Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

Jetways missing parts at some airports!

Hey guys,

Just wondering if others see the same thing here... at times I'm at the gate and part of the Jetway is completely missing! Usually the part that connects to the terminal... just a small part sticking out..... large gap... then the rest!

Happens on default scenery so is this just a default thing or does GSX mess things up here? (Cant really see why it would?)

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

I’ve seen it as well…unfortunately too often.

Edited by xraythree
  • Like 2

Jetline Systems, Windows 10 Professional, Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax LG 1200, Intel Core i9 10900K Ten Core, Corsair H100 240mm Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR SDRAM 3200MHz, 10GB Nvidea GeForce RTX 3080 GDDR6X, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 1000 watt Gold Power Supply.

It's an LOD issue. Asobo (and some third parties) need to add more LOD levels to their jetway models.

• Like 2

See this all too often unfortunately.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

This happens when you exceed the number of objects allowed by the sim. Lots of AI, vehicles, GSX passengers, etc will chew through objects until you hit the limit which is often cited as 1,000 objects, at which point MSFS will not load more objects.

The detrimental effects come in layers. You may just see missing jetway connectors. The next level is the entire jetway missing and invisible AI (but you'll hear AI aircraft, just won't see them.) The next level is missing terminal buildings in their entirety. The final step makes your sim look something like Flight Sim 2000 with objects turned off. See the below pictures:

Stage one: You've exceeded the limit but the MSFS Engine hasn't started deleting all of the visible sim objects, yet
ff5850809b75780b24e55fd1c7da9156a71a9736

Final Stage: MSFS actively removes all simobjects in the render distance, including buildings, jetways, AI, vehicles, etc.

40ec240caaa12c096e48f3ab5fd3dd932125c192

3d8e14b31c6b4c504161c3226690438d9ff274ca

5be979efa9da99418140020f0648a2d3822fd81a

The only way to resolve it is to restart the sim which resets the simobject's cache back to 0. Some quick preventative options for you are below, if applicable:

1. Go into the “Config” panel of the FSDT Installer, disable “Ground Clutter” and click the Update/Check button again, to install a lightweight version of the GSX Jetway replacement files, which contains just Jetways and nothing else, so they won’t increase the overall number of object compared to default ( 1 default jetway will be replaced by 1 GSX jetway ), AT DEFAULT AIRPORTS
  2. Lower the GSX “Passenger Density” slider. This affects the maximum number of passengers you can see at the same time on screen. Yes, it will make Boarding/Deboarding slower but, the number of objects created by GSX will be lower as well, lessening the issue.

3. Reduce Density of AIGTC injected traffic.

4. Disable Services in the OCI settings of AIM, run a verify setup and enable Airport Services in the TC Airport Manager Settings.
Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply!

Ive done a few of those things as above and have already set the ground clutter, airport vehicles and such to zero...

Ill change the GSX settings as well which i need to do...

I use FSLTL for traffic... maybe i need to change that too?

Thanks heaps!

• Like 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

9 hours ago, WestAir said:

This happens when you exceed the number of objects allowed by the sim.

Not always. I've had it happen with barely any objects loaded, and with an empty community folder.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Not always. I've had it happen with barely any objects loaded, and with an empty community folder.

That's interesting.

I can directly cause it to happen using AIG / GSX, in real time. I just sit and watch the simobjects accumulate and boom, jetway connectors that were there 5 minutes ago vanish. After changing the above settings, I can no longer induce it; All without touching LOD.

Super weird if it happens to you in complete default with low vehicles/ai settings. In that case I don't know what directly causes the jetway connectors to vanish.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The plot thickens indeed!

• Like 1

Doug 

13 hours ago, WestAir said:

This happens when you exceed the number of objects allowed by the sim.

Nope. This happens to me when I have nothing but the A2A Comanche installed.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

43 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Nope. This happens to me when I have nothing but the A2A Comanche installed.

Roger that!

I've been able to force this to happen to me by using up a ton of simobjects, but you're the 3rd person telling me I'm wrong, so we'll go with Tuskin's suggestion! Sorry about that.