Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lennyt

Acceleration In Canada Now : Quick Review

Just picked up Acc at Bestbuy in NE Calgary.Installation went perfect, then I ran the UTX Canada setup tool as Allen suggested.Ran FSX ... Activated Acceleration no problem.Tried a new F18 at YYC ... Look very good.25fps lock! Took it up, framerates smooth as butter.Tried checking the DX10 Preview... VERY POOR Screen flashes, lost AA, AF, performance drops, seemed worse than a alpha version. Quickly unchecked it and restared all seems fine again in DX9 mode, I hope.Using a Quad 6700, Vista 32, 8800 640MB.Overall, they should just have left DX10 out IMO, the f18 is great, the EH101 Heli too.It seems, the ground textures becomes blurry at a closer distance than before, and auto gen loading is no faster.

Guest Lennyt

Should have included a pic(s) of what you're seeing in DX10 mode.

Guest danny68

I thought he said he didn't like or see improvements with DX10?

Wish we could edit the 1st post was a very quick reaction.DX10 just didn't work right for me, maybe some combo of drivers and settings will help.But, DX9 Acceleration is a very nice package for the extra planes.The P51 is great too, lots of fun to fly. All have great frame rates, excellent VC modes.Performance seems up as far as water, I used to run on low 2.x but now I can turn it to mid, high and get decent rates. Even max seemed usable in the areas I tried. Bloom in DX9 still wipes out my frame rate.Over NY in a F18 the ground textures did seem blurry at a closer in distance than before, but its hard to say for sure.As far as a recommendation, all I can say is I'd buy it again, those extra planes are very well done, for my type of basic flying.

Guest Lennyt

>I thought he said he didn't like or see improvements with>DX10?He said:"Tried checking the DX10 Preview... VERY POORScreen flashes, lost AA, AF, performance drops, seemed worse than a alpha version. Quickly unchecked it and restared all seems fine again in DX9 mode, I hope."Others are experiencing this with DX10 checked. I'd like to see what the problem looks like so we can start looking for solutions.