Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1929clhenry

CTD Lock ups in flight menu- Acceleration

Guest JIMJAM

Decceleration made a mess of alot of my addons but have most back in order.However one problem remains and I cannot solve it.Alt during flight to bring up the menu, any mouse click on the options or drag downs cause a hard freeze requiring reboot.At one time after installing accel, I was able to just use the keyboard to change options but now just about any thing I touch up top on the menu causes a lock up.Anyone with a simular problem or better a solution.PS-Never had this problem before.

Guest 1929clhenry

I don't have any problem at all selecting any menue while in flight or parked.All work the same as before.Dell P4/3ghz/2 gig /ATI 1600 512mg .I have not made any changes to cfg file. Chuck

Guest JIMJAM

I had to delete it and let the sim rebuild because of a conflict.Wonder if its missing something I need?Ive needed to reload addons and other oddities when the .cfg file is rebuilt but never a mouse/keyboard conflict.No problems preflight menus or in cockpit operation. Just the inflight menu.

Jimjam try it in windowed mode. I seem to remember you have the same card I do, a 7900gt or gtx, which unfortunately has always been the ultimate problem child in FSX. Ever noticed blue/purple squares on the water at night with it? That never got fixed by nvidia, and I don't suspect this problem will anytime soon either unfortunately. It appears to happen only with the 7900 series of cards. Had the same problem you did, it'll crash to desktop on any menu operations in full screen mode, but should work fine in windowed.I tried everything I could think of to fix it, every driver between 91.47 and 163.76, new directx, nothing helped. Finally ditched my xp and bought vista 32 ultimate. The full screen menus work now but it stutters like you wouldn't believe in full screen, totally unplayable, no probs in windowed mode though, very smooth.Sorry for not having any good news for you, but my hunch is that the 7900 series has seen the end of its days with fsx. My 8800 ultra arrives tomorrow I hope, I'll let you know if that cures it.

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest azflyboy

I have the same issue (and a 7900 series graphics card), but I found a decent work-around until someone can figure out why this is happening. If you first pause FSX, and then try to access the menus via the keyboard, you should be able to get to menus without FSX hanging every single time. This works most of the time for me, with the exception of the display settings menu, which still will lock up from time to time.

Guest JIMJAM

Thanks everyone.What odd is Ive NEVER had any problems with FSX before I installed acceleration.Ive had the black planes until you get close and the white runway,airport textures but only every now and then.Ive never had any show stopping crashes or any wierdness with the water or menues.I never jumped on the dx10 bandwagon because I knew a little of the behind the scenes the total mess it was.Last night I also had my first couple in flight CTD hard lock ups when I tried to end a flight.Fsx minimalised to the side bar and if I clcked it got the ring sound but it never went full screen.Eventually the sim CTD with the error message.

Guest Lith1um

I'm curious what method you used to install Acceleration? Did you start with a fresh install of FSX SP1 as was recommended?Or did you Install Acceleration on top of your existing FSX install which included all your previous add ons?