Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Current list of what is 'wrong' or missing in FS2020?

12 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

FSX? I miss the need to spend two weeks of simming time trying to tune my system to produce 25 frames per second with an acceptable level of detail. I miss the er…imaginative weather🤪.  I miss spending hours going down the rabbit hole of Process Lasso and all the other voodoo fixes that never quite work in the way they’re claimed to and I really miss spending all that extra cash on a big stack of CD’s to try and give the sim scenery I might vaguely recognise.

I miss taxiing at an airport and suddenly the aircraft falls in a "hole" in the runway, and the sim crashes. I miss buying Orbx Regions, and then not being able to fly there because the FPS would go into the dumpster. I miss landing at small airports, where all there was , was a runway surrounded by a patch of dirt, and nothing else. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC6  Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  ,  Newsky ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

my three big asks are:

All 4 Seasons

AI at least as good as FSX/P3d (talking about behavior, not models)

3rd party weather (active sky) that gives better accuracy to current conditions with varying cloud structures as well as historical weather.

Edited by okupton
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Orman

One thing I DO miss about FSX is the heart pounding excitement that comes from spending two hours programming a long haul flight, completing that flight, only to be met with the ding ding ding OOM warning - seconds before touchdown you're staring at your desktop. 😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

There will always be stuff "missing". Even when MSFS 3050 is released. 

I don't think I'll be around then.  And at that point simming will be going between star systems...

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

4 hours ago, okupton said:

my three big asks are:

All 4 Seasons

AI at least as good as FSX/P3d (talking about behavior, not models)

3rd party weather (active sky) that gives better accuracy to current conditions with varying cloud structures as well as historical weather.

REX AccuSeasons give you all seasons.

System: I ASRock X670E | Ryzen 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000MHz | Asus RTX TUF 4070Ti OC | Samsung 970 EVO+ 2TB | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

One thing I DO miss about FSX is the heart pounding excitement that comes from spending two hours programming a long haul flight, completing that flight, only to be met with the ding ding ding OOM warning - seconds before touchdown you're staring at your desktop. 😁

I know you can't beat the suspense!

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 3080 Ti FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

7 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

Yes, thank you, looking for list of items per my main questions.

What is the purpose of your question?  To guide you in a buying decision?

If so, I would agree with the above posts that MSFS is so much better than FSX that there is no need to get out the microscope or the spreadsheet.. Get yourself a 500 GB SSD, or bigger, and download a copy.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bert

1. Weather Radar

2. Better camera system needed (yes I know it works and how to do it but I think it can be better and easier)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, David Mills said:

For the 25th time: there IS a very capable replay system in MSFS. It was not present at launch, but it was added almost two years ago. This replay system -- that has long-since been accessible in MSFS -- is the same built-in software that Asobo uses to generate their always-impressive trailers. You just need to enable the replay system and move it to the default dropdown menu.

Sorry David and I like your post 99% of the time but go look at XPlane and DCS and see their Replay and Flyby views and see how MSFS replay and camera systems are seriously lacking. They should seriously open up the Camera api to let //42 and Chaseplane to do their magic. MS/Asobo should  swallow their pride and while add it open up the weather api to let the "Pros" have a go at it.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 1

- historic weather;

- being able to represent aircraft with specific designs like biplanes or triplanes, aircraft with more than one vertical stabilizer / rudder group, etc...

- having acceptable blend between aloft (forecast) and surface (observation) weather, at least as good as Active Sky does it in P3D;

- ground physics at least as good as they are on well designed P3D aircraft;

- being able to associate controller setups with specific aircraft and/or classes of aircraft, like in P3D an XP...

- having popup instruments that don't make the sim lose it's focus and aircraft become uncontrollable due to it...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme disks, Win11.

Main Flight Simulators: Prepar3d 5.4 and 6, MFS. 2020

1 hour ago, rjquick said:

It all starts with HighMemFix = 1.

How well did that work with 16 gigs or ram but running a 32bit piece of software and VAS limitation. FSX was an nightmare to manage without the eventually CTD of OOM.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Sorry David and I like your post 99% of the time but go look at XPlane and DCS and see their Replay and Flyby views and see how MSFS replay and camera systems are seriously lacking. They should seriously open up the Camera api to let //42 and Chaseplane to do their magic. MS/Asobo should  swallow their pride and while add it open up the weather api to let the "Pros" have a go at it.

I completely agree about the lack of Flyby views and the difficulty of using the MSFS replay system. The multi-track replay system currently in MSFS reminds me more of recording-studio software for musicians than a handy tool for flight simmers. It's too complicated. I had to watch about ten YouTube tutorials before I finally got it working.

Recalling that world scenery is streamed live from MS/Asobo servers (rather than stored locally), I'm wondering whether this data stream radically alters how a replay system can be manipulated by third-party developers. This sounds like a difficult undertaking. The point of my post was simply that, despite its shortcomings, there is indeed a replay system, though, granted, they do make it difficult to find and use.

• Upvote 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Ground handling, especially on landing. Still far too sensitive and sliding about on ice feeling at times.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I’d like runways that are clear at altitude...where you can look down and see the numbers of the runway and crisp definition of the pavement and markings.

And either nicely colored or AI fixed orthos...so the south of Chicago wouldn’t be green (I think they have sone new tech coming to make colors more uniform?)

And the water not to run uphill at Blakely Island airport in Washington.

Other than that, my current MSFS 2020 is running very smoothly!

I do miss those OOM chimes!? 😂🤦🏻‍♂️