Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

Runway Texture problems with Dx10

Guest Andergum

Hi all!I'm running FSX Acceleration on Vista 32. Whenever I enable the DX10 preview I get horrible flashing textures on runways. The yellow lines flash in and out and anywhere where runways cross each other is flashes like crazy. It looks like the textures are bleeding through each other from different layers or something.I've tried WHQL 163.69 and now the 163.75 beta drivers with the same problem.(The good news is that I can get AA to work with Dx10 and it does seem a bit faster than Dx9.)If I turn off Dx10 preview the problem goes away but so does Dx10.:(Anyone else with the same problem???

>If I turn off Dx10 preview the problem goes away but so does>Dx10.That was my solution. ;)

Guest stpierce

I have the same problem with runway textures. I am also having problems with my TrackIR which was working fine before I installed Acceleration.

Same here. I'll have to test at some point today but I'm using Xgraphics runway textures but have not re-run it yet. There's been so many threads and posts, but I caught something on re-running Xgraphics but can't remember what the issue was.If that's not it hopefully there is another solution.

Guest stpierce

The TrackIR system is lagging very badly in DX10 preview and the sensitivity is low. It seems to be this way now in DX9 and DX10 mode after installing Accel. I need to check for driver updates.

Are you using default runways or are you using add-on scenery?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Andergum

>Are you using default runways or are you using add-on>scenery?>>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150>gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb>5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster PraetorianI do have the USA Extreme Landscapes from Abacus installed. Does that pack change the runways as well???

Guest bjablonka

I had the same problems, but then switched to the 169.01 beta driver and set desired frames to 18 in FSX and now everything works and looks great. See if that helps.

Guest stpierce

I'm not sure what the original poster is using but I am using just FSX with no addons and I get the runway texture corruption. I guess I will try the Beta drivers.

>Are you using default runways or are you using add-on>scenery?>>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150>gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb>5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster PraetorianI have the same bleed-through problem (I can see it at many airports but I decided to go to KLGA to do most testing.My System:Intel Core2 X6800 (2 x 2.93 Ghz)ATI Radeon HD 2900XT (Catalyst 7.10 drivers from ATI/AMD)4 Gig of PC6400 RAM500GB system drive2 X 150 10,000 RPM Raptor drives in RAID0Creative XFiMy Method:I have just removed EVERYTHING flightsim related from my hard drive and have started over. Before removal I had ASX, X Graphics, Ultimate Terrain X (USA and Canada) and Ultimate Traffic FSX.Upon removing these I reinstalled RTM, reinstlled RTM SDK, Reinstalled SDKSP1a, installed Acceleration (note, I skipped SP1) and nothing else. No other addons.The runway bleedthrough STILL happens in the DX10 "preview." So, all of the advice concerning reloading X Graphics and the like may not really make a difference.Also, I *AM* able to get Anti-Aliasing to work in DX10 preview mode but the AA isn't visible in the aircraft selection window. Also, the cockpit shadows AND the external aircraft shadows have the jaggies.The offerings in DX10 cards is narrow enough where I find it hard to believe that this texture bleed-through wasn't mentioned in testing. However, it is not uncommon for observed bugs to go UNFIXED in order to meet a release date.I wouldn't be surprised if there was an acceleration SP1 and a SP2a in light of some of the quirks I am seeing. Hopefully drivers may swat these bugs.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest Andergum

I'm starting to think it will take a specific video driver fix from Nvidia to fix it. The latest drivers are obviously tuned for the Crysis demo coming today or tomorrow. Maybe the next set will have something for FSX.My fix for now is to go back to Dx9 until it gets sorted out.

Guest AvionicsTech

Hi, I am new on this site, I have a dumb question, how do I enable the DX10 preview like you said? I have the new Acceleration Pack and I think it's excellent but the F-18 is tough to fly!Compaq Presario SR5050NXVista Home PremiumBase board ASUSTek Computer Inc.Chipset Intel i945P/G2 GB RAMDual core 3.0 GHz Intel processors250 GB Hard driveRadeon X1650 with 512 MB RAM0GE0 Pinewood, Douglasville, GA

Notice that I am not running an nVidia card...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>I have no problem with Acceration TrackerIR-but I only run in>dx9 mode. Is it a dx10/9 issue?>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg>Forum Moderator>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Neg. My TIR is fine under Vista DX10 but I also get the flashing taxiway & rwy intersections.Good news tho, I think - without tweaking anything and flying the F-18 Blue Angels I got 10fps at LAX on the ground with the settings I normallyuse for DX9 where I get around 13 - 15 on the ground.Did notice some very slight stutters while flying though but nothing exceptional.Oh, running the 169.01 drivers from nVidiaVicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors