Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Had an Adam A700 fly over my house

Guest DNelson

Adam aircraft has a small manufacturing plant here in northern Utah, but they're in the process of significantly expanding it, and will soon be building 500 and 700 components. Last week while I was out mowing the lawn, I heard what sounded like a bizjet fly over at low altitude, and looked up to see an A700 going right over the house. Sure is a pretty plane when viewed in flight. Reminded me a little of a P-38. Of course it was long gone by the time I could run in and grab my camera.

Looks nice, wonder how long it will be till someone does a sim?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest ThrottleUp

Its a great looking jet and the piston one looks nice too.But Im curious - what is the advantage of a twin-boom configuration when it comes to a bizzjet? The engines are still stuck on the rear of the fuselage like all the other bizzjets out there so Im guessing there wont be a big diff in noise levels etc. So what does this config give?...it must do something special :) I guess theres more lifting surfaces etc so lower approach speeds?