Sign in to follow this  
Guest ianrivaldosmith

Anyway Possible?

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all,Is there anyway possible to get FSX to perform and look as good as FS9 with all adons with my system> Ive reinstalled it after looking at everyones screenshots and it certainly is worlds ahead of fs9, if only I could get it to perform!My system isAMD AM2 x2 3800 @2ghzX1600XT 256mb GDDR32gig ddr2 667mhz19" tft @1280x1024Windows vista ultimate 32bitIf I had

What would I do with the $400 with that setup? It primarily depends on what cpu's your motherboard can handle.It is good that your motherboard is Socket AM2, because that could potentially mean that your motherboard could handle cpu's like the 6000+.You need to check on whether or not your motherboard can handle these newer cpus. Probably it *can* if it has its BIOS updated.If it can, then for $200-$300 you can buy a faster AMD cpu that will plug right in.It won't fulfill your goal of a fully loaded FSX performing sweetly, but it will be better.Your goal of FSX+"all addons" (not sure what that means) performing sweetly is only possible with the Core2 setups, and some overclocking.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Well, I don't know about doing it with $400, but....Sell your GPU, CPU....Buy:Video card with 512MB+ video memoryWait a couple weeks for the new AMD AM2+ chips to be released (which should work in your AM2 MB) and get a quad core one as fast as you can get. Clock for clock, they should run about 10-40% faster than the current AM2 stuff, not including the additional cores.Buy another 2GB of RAM.Those 3 things should get you running fantastically. I get pretty good performance out of my rig (see below, except the 4800+ has been replaced with a 6000+ x2 now), but I still get some blurries, and if flying in very mountainous terrain, the system doesn't have enough spare cycles to allow Active Sky X to be responsive. Flying around flatter terrain it's fine though!Your other (cheapest!) option is to MOVE SLIDERS to the LEFT and not have unrealistic expectations based on your hardware.

Guest ianrivaldosmith

'Wait a couple weeks for the new AMD AM2+ chips to be released (which should work in your AM2 MB) and get a quad core one as fast as you can get.'These are out in a couple of weeks?Ian