Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeffreymg

Manual for F18 cockpit?

I got some of the F18 VC figured out, but cannot locate a manual in the Learning Center for it..... am I missing it somewhere?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest AvionicsTech

I have the same question, I even scoured Google all to no avail. If you find one please let me know? Also, when I am pressing some of the buttons on the left screen FS X crashes. All I wanted to do was figure it out and wham, crash to desktop.Compaq Presario SR5050NXVista Home PremiumBase board ASUSTek Computer Inc.Chipset Intel i945P/G2 GB RAMDual core 3.0 GHz Intel processors250 GB Hard driveRadeon X1650 with 512 MB RAM0GE0 Pinewood, Douglasville, GA

hmmm not sure about that one....I did get the ILS freqs to work, but it basically translates it into a TACAN channel, which is pretty nifty. If you enter 10910 and ENTER it will give you Ch 28X, the "ILS" to RY 23 at KORF (Norfolk Intl, VA)I'm trying to figure out how the heck to change the HSI ILS needle to intercept the proper 228 course.... can't find an OBS knob anywhere.....A manual on the autopilot, and basically your entire instrumentation would be great....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the hint on setting the ILS...That was driving me nuts.I think I can help with the OBS knob. Place your mouse over the the small "CRS" switch just to the left of the center display (below the fuel qty gauge) and spin the mouse wheel.Dave

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Hello,We just opened a forum, to support our new scenery for Zurich (and many other exciting product we hope to release in the future ) but, there's also a section dedicated to Hints about using the F/A-18 avionics.The board is not intended as a replacement for the official Microsoft Support, or to report problems, bugs, DX10 woes, of course. But it might be useful to users passionate about learning advanced use of the Acceleration F/A-18 avionics, straight from the source.Web site is here:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum

Guest Lith1um

Virtuali,Thank you for providing us with such a beautiful cockpit for the F18, and for the displays in the EH.Fantastic work.

Guest Matts28

I figured some of it out.. for example, if you hit AP-- CPL will follow your GPS route, and BALT will hold your current ALT.Now if only I can figure out how to stop the thing when I land... hitting the brakes makes it do a complete 360.

Guest AvionicsTech

GREAT figuring out! Thanks. Need more! I usually stop by deploying the speed brake and slowing down gently by constantly and lightly tapping the brakes.Paul

Guest Matts28

Ok, ATTH holds your current pitch and bank level, and RALT captures your ALT by radar (whatever that means).

Guest AvionicsTech

Thanks a LOT, please keep it coming. That's a great job of figuring out what it all does especially since they SHOULD have given us a manual or at the very lease a PDF file.I appreciate it and I'm sure other so as well.

Guest Matts28

Foregot to mention, once you input a airport ID into the GPS, you have to click the WPT button on that right monitor. It should show the airport your heading to then.

Guest AvionicsTech

Matt, I just remembered something. When I was in the Air Force working avionics on F-111's we had the same system with a radio altimeter. It was extremely accurate because it would bounce a radar signal off the ground so you would know your exact altitude. But it only worked up to 2000' AGL.Maybe the F-18 has a better system that works to a higher alltitude. What we need is an ex Navy/Marine avionics guy to enlighten us.

Guest AvionicsTech

Now THAT is cool. Thanks Matt.