Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Gaming, PCs the user and other stuff

Well i think i have come to a conclusion after perusing these forums for so many years. There are the XBOX, Playstaion gamers and the real PC gamers. You see the XBOX gamers like to just stick the disk in the PC and hope that everything will be perfect and they live in some wonderfull fantasy land, maybe Zanadoo, dont really care, then there are the real gamers, who know there machine inside out, know the world isnt perfect and strive to keep there PC running like a well maintained Automobile. See technology has changed, pcs, software and games have become more complicated, the amount of different machine specs out there is truly mind boggling, yet people still expect miracles from Gaming makers. It really amazes me and quiet often gets really annoying. I dont know of any game writer thats name is "GOD", and i dont know of anyone who can write software for a driver or piece of hardware that dosnt exsist yet, but thats what people seem to expect. FSX is trukly a wonderfull flight sim, it has broken barriers and i am enjoying it, yes i stil have little issues but im here to enjoy the SIm and not get rialled but the little issues. So what if my terrain goes blury for a few seconds when i change view its not going to change my life, yet some peoples worlds come to an end when that happens. Microsoft has done quiet a good job and as far as im concerened that if FSX is a transitioning sim that helping them create a better FS11 then so be it. We cant go forward if we keep looking backwards, so if FS11 has no backward compatability with FS9 or X for that matter it really wont bother me. I really rather have a Flight Sim that looks better, runs better and dosnt have legacy bits code from past versions holding it back. Basically it comes down to this, if you want to run any game these days, guess what you are actually going to have to get off you butt and learn about your PC. Hey Im 45 my dad is 65 and heas done a complete Xp reinstall with no ones help, he even changed a Powersupply by himself, he just asked what he needed went and got one then did it, didnt whinge and #### about it, just did it. Come on you youg people, youre the ones brought up in the Pc revolution your supposed to be teaching us old guys, or is mum still holding your hand.Sorry for the rant, but im tired of people flaming everyone without sitting down and trying to work out the problem, and no i dont work for microsoft and yes I have Vista on a laptop, finally did it took me a while. As for or the whingers and complainers i will not appologise, get a life.David

Guest Stoopy

David, I like the game too but, well.....like it or not you just flamed some folks yourself, and because of that there's not much difference in what you're doing as opposed to folks you see as being on the other side of the fence.I always thought that, if you do like the game, you want to spend your time flying it and not start new threads that put others down and serve only to inflame more senseless debate over who likes it and who doesn't. As a user I think a lot of folks here n the same boat really just want to focus on using and enjoying the sim, and not get personal.Erich