Sign in to follow this  
Guest mau01

Acceleration crashes upon accessing menu bar

Guest Gizmo

Hi Phil I've read that you moved the UI drawing over to the shader pipe in SP2 is that whats causing the problems with the menu access?I(like many others here im sure)have already wasted about 5 - 6 hours uninstalling/re-install FSX/Accel and various driver sets to try and isolate this problem without any luck what so ever,It would be really nice to know one way or the other if this is a driver problem or a problem with Accel/SP2 this way i can avoid any further frustration and just await a fix Many Thanks Gizmo

Guest azflyboy

I've also gone through pretty much every conceivable combination of resolution, graphics, AA settings, and even Nvidia drivers (I have a 7900), but the menu lockup still occurs. Aside from the menu lockup, I really do like Acceleration, since it increased the performance of FSX substantially, while also adding a ton of new content.

Guest Mike94

just to let you know, i have exactly the same problem with accessing the menus after installation of Acceleration.AMD64 3800x2, geForce 7800GTX, XP-SP2.Otherwise, acceleration works well so far, but not being able to acces the menus without a crash is a showstopper for now...Hoping for a solution as well!Cheers,Michael

Guest JIMJAM

Could you imagine the horror if we were not able to shift- z to see our fps:-hang Not being able to change settings in flight at least 20 times is killing us. Not being able to see our fps. Oh the horror:o BTW-Moving to the latest version of Nhancer and FSUIPC did nothing.Anybody been brave enough to load the latest version of directx?7900GTX DX9

Guest azflyboy

Is shift-z causing problems for people? I haven't heard of that one before.I did try the latest DX9 update, and it doesn't seem to have made an appreciable difference in FSX one way or the other.

Guest JIMJAM

Its always been known that shift-z lowers your fps.PS- Better add this before people start freaking out.Just trying to lighten it up here. NO, Shft z does not lower fps.

I'm running an E6700/BFG 8800 GTS 640 and the sim locks up whenever I use the menu bar with the F-18.

Guest mau01

Same Problem here, AMD X2 4400 ,2x Asus 7800 GTX in SLI, I can only access the menu in windowed mode without CTD. Is this a Nvidia problem??

Guest Mike94

is there any solution or workaround yet for the annoying problem with accessing the menus?Is it confirmed, that it's a problem with the geForce video-driver?Cheers,Michael

Guest Liftow

Had this problem too, did a clean reinstall and the problem disappeared - fsx, sp1 then acceleration....now i get a ctd when using the direct to function on the gps...seems to be only in the f18Core2Quad 2.44 gAsus P5K - Nvidia DDR2 2g ocz8800GTS 640m

I just d/led and installed the new Nvidia 163.75 drivers and had some success with them and this problem. I flew both the stock Lear 45 and the new FA-18.I can now access the menu in full screen mode by pressing the 'alt' key and change locations or aircraft. However, when I tried to access my controllers under the options screen I had a CTD.I also set a 'direct to' plan in the GPS and flew it. No problem there.It looks like at this time there is some relief even though it is not 100%. I'll keep flying and hoping a full resolution is reached soon.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Thanks for letting us know of the new driver.I have a 7900GS card and had driver version 163.71.Am downloading the latest driver (163.75) now.Sure hope it works for me too!

Guest philthy

I was having identical problems with an nvidia 7600GT.Not anymore!I downloaded the latest 163.75 drivers which fixed the problem some of the time. The problem seemed to be a program I was running called 'game accelerator', when this was disabled menu access in FSX acceleration was returned to its former glory. Also disabled game accelerator hasn't slowed FSX down at all.If you have this running try disabling it and if not have a look at any other programs you may be running in the background.Hope someone can benefit from this.

Hi folks,I have an AMD 4600 with an NVIDIA 7950GT 2 gigs ram and everythingruns great. no problems other than the VC texture problems on some aircraft. SP2 is faster and I purchased the PMDG 747-400FX and it works super, even flying in the LAX basin approaching KLAX, FPS run at about 12.one thing I did though,that has made a big difference is I removed the indexing on my drives except for c that runs windows XP SP2.also I made sure my virtual ram was running on all drives.no CTD, no memory loss, nothing.I can fly for hours no problem.I even have UTX for the US and the scenery is excellent.I have done all the regular tweaking stuff in the FSX.CFG filebut left the cells fairly full for buildings and trees.my opinion was removing the indexing and doing a defrag.

>>please stop criticizing legit comments, it just causes>grief.>>I've not suggested it's not a "legitimate question," I'm>simply asking why there nearly always seems to be the>"assumption" that the beta testers are either (a)lazy,>(b)stupid, ©incompetent, or (d) some-other-adjective.Its not always like that.>With respect to my statements regarding the relative>usefullness of buying into DX10 at this time, my reasons then>remain valid today...Or perhaps not, read my next reply to your next quote. But certainly, DX10 (or the preview ... LOL:) is a waste of time so far, its not the case with other software from other genres.>...unless there's some other compelling reason to do so, it's>seldom a prudent decision to spend money on first-generation>hardware.Contrary to your quote that Nvidia 8800'S are a waste of money, these graphic cards do have a reason to exist outside of the Flight Simulation community, and you need to be reminded, Bill, that we don't all commit to MS FS 100% when be buy or choose our hardware unlike FS9 or FSX that are most definitely CPU limited, many of us play other stuff that is most definitely GPU limited, the current Crysis SP Demo springs to mind, testers have played it on Nvidea 8800 cards on Intel C2D's at stock speeds and the same CPU's overclocked to the usual max (at least a 50% overclock) but the point is, there is no frame rate jump that is noticeable. so therefore, not everything is CPU limited like FSX and FS9, and right or wrong, others have broader horizons for leisure software.If individuals can afford a top range Vid card, why should you worry? one things for sure, such a card will never hinder FS9 or FSX performance, so why criticize and in doing so, cause angst?Dont get me wrong ... I own FSX Acceleration now, own a very high end machine, (I was however) seduced by earlier reports from Aces about a 20% increase with DX10 in Vista, after the obvious performance gains with FSX SP1 ... I had no reason to doubt this claim,so much so I splashed out on Vista 64 and extra ram to give a total of 4GB dual channel for Vista 64 and was fairly confident my top of the range Nvidea 8800 would cut the mustard.Suffice to say, its all went pear shaped for the DX10 preview, Aces and Phil (heck of a guy in the past) have went silent since most people found their DX10 preview was a waste of time ... I'm, still experimenting in Vista 64 and various drivers for my 8800 to try find the magical setting Aces had, that gave them that 20% performance increase ... but to date ... NADA :(Apart from some issues (transparency and the odd CTD I've never had before) I'm enjoying Acceleration in XP in DX9.I love the sim, love the genre, but user opinions should never be stifled or ground down IMHO.