Sign in to follow this  
Guest mau01

Acceleration crashes upon accessing menu bar

Guest Mike94

Thanks a lot, this sounds good. Let's hope the best, that this annoying issue will be resolved! It makes FSX/Acceleration almost unusable.Cheers,Michael

Robert,Great post, thanks for this information! It's refreshing to see a manufacturer have interest in this sort of thing! Ken

Guest slydon

What do you mean ALMOST!! For me it is absolutely unusable.

EXACTLY!!! That's me too. I tried after Nvidia took away the last updated driver and reinstalled it only to have CTD's again.On a side note I managed to clear up the blurred default plane schemes by reinstalling Direct X9 from the FSX CD. (Canceled the auto-run install and opened the drive to find the install on DVD-2.) MickeyKLAS

NVIDIA sent me the ForceWare 169.09 Beta drivers and I installed nHancer still having lock-ups I'm afraid. Going to try running in windowed mode and see if that helps.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Mike94

as others have reported as well, the 169.09 beta-drivers don't cure the problem.Windowed mode works with all drivers, but thats not really what i want...Yes, i agree, FSX is 'unusable' with this issue, as soon as i touch the menu-bar, it hangs...Let's hope the best, although its hard to stay patient.-Michael

Guest slydon

If I have to fly in windowed mode to make the sim work I will give up ms flight sims and go to xplane.

Guest Mike94

instead of moving to another sim, i guess it would make more sense to move from nVidia to ATI... It's not the first time that nVidia's drivers make problems. I never had problems with ATI's drivers until i switched to nVidia about 2 years ago. I don't know if that's still the case, but i think that my 7800GTX will be my last nVidia product.

Guest jrobert

>instead of moving to another sim, i guess it would make more>sense to move from nVidia to ATI... It's not the first time>that nVidia's drivers make problems. >I never had problems with ATI's drivers until i switched to>nVidia about 2 years ago. I don't know if that's still the>case, but i think that my 7800GTX will be my last nVidia>product.That's exactly what I've suggested in an earlier post in this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=424859#424859Though I guess it got forgotten amidst the foray of other posts flooding in about the menu CTD crash. There wasn't much discussion about switching to ATI to solve the problem.

Guest JIMJAM

Well alot of us have more than just the sacred FSX on our computers.I have over 10 games, Crysis,Wings over Vietnam,FS9, BioShock,Command and Conquer 3,Ghost Recon Adanced Warrior.ectFor me, dumping my 7900GTX which cost me a fortune, in order to use Acceleration is not even a consideration.All acceleration has for me is carriers. But now that the Arrestor cable carrier program went freeware, I just do not need it.Nvidia makes the best cards and is King of the hill.At least for now.You are not the first nor last to jump ship in order to find that green pasture. Ive jumped back and forth from Nvidia to ATI for years when both were neck and neck. What, "add game name here" they say ATI gets 3% better fps than Nvidia. Nvidia in the trash can. Repeat this every major game release.But hey, its only MONEY.I knew a guy who traded in his suv because the rear view mirror stopped working.What you need is encouragement to spend some $$$$Get your ATI and enjoy FSX.:D You only live once and Nvidia SU***!Forget about what all the hardware gurus say about performance. Who cares when you cannot even open a menu!BUY THE ATI CARD!

Guest shmurphy

Hi JIMJAM I noticed on your post that you have FS9 installed. I just took it off my system because of antiaisling problems, I just couldn't get it to work, jaggy edges every where. So I left myself with FS10. I don

Guest JIMJAM

I would just delete the whole mess and go back to FSX/SP1.

Ok fellas,I read the release notes on 169.09 Beta and there is no mention of any problem with FSX, not sure if they tested Acceleration. Here is the latest working from the bottom up, boy is it frustrating:Customer (Robert Halmich) 11/27/2007 09:48 AM Fair enough, you cannot reproduce the problem. Has NVIDIA tested Flight Simulator X with the Acceleration Expansion Pack installed?If you have I will report back to AVSIM and we will ask that MS ACES look into it from their end.There are many, many, NVIDIA users who have posted at AVSIM who can reproduce the same problem, we all have different hardware setups yet the common denominator is that we are all running with NVIDIA video cards.Please see the link to AVSIM in my response dated 11/23/2007 08:08 PM:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=420245&page=Read it, then tell me that there is no known issue. Perhaps it rests with Microsoft ACES but I will repeat that the only people experiencing the same problem contained in the thread are NVIDIA users.Respectfully yours,Robert __________________________________________________________________Response (TS) 11/27/2007 07:04 AM Hello Robert,As you have tried the latest drivers, I would request you to contact the game developer for the latest patches. There is no known issue with the game and the latest drivers. If NVIDIA is able to reproduce your bug, we will work towards providing a fix through our next driver update release. However, please sign up for driver notification in order to be notified of future release software.http://lyris01.nvidia.com/NvRegister/frmLoginRegister.aspPlease feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions.Regards,NVIDIA Customer Care.__________________________________________________________________ Customer (Robert Halmich) 11/26/2007 02:45 PM Hello and thanks for the files, to date the driver updates and patches are not working and FSX still freezes up. I understand that you are working towards releasing a new driver that addresses this issue, is this true?Thanks,Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest JIMJAM

I figure Nvidia is concentrating its resources on current and future releases.They originally did testing with FSX and all was well. DONEFSX is now ancient by gaming standards and with Acceleration has been turned into a DX10 experiment.One they do not seem to want to revisit.

>I figure Nvidia is concentrating its resources on current and>future releases.>They originally did testing with FSX and all was well. DONE>FSX is now ancient by gaming standards and with Acceleration>has been turned into a DX10 experiment.>One they do not seem to want to revisit.>> Unfortuneately, the same may be said of ACES...SP2 is it... That's all, there ain't no more... :( Paul

Wide-5.jpg