Sign in to follow this  
Guest mau01

Acceleration crashes upon accessing menu bar

Same problem here with FSX:A. Lock up when accessing menus. I can open the bar, but when I select a menu item, it locks. Had a problem with lockups in SP1 but only with changing views. Never had a problem in the menus.7800GT with 169.04 drivers on XP. Fresh FSX:A install, no addons.

I have the same problem.Nvidia 6800 here.I'm certainly sure it's not beacause of the faulty drivers.I've found a simple solution to make it work.I select diffrent options from the menu bar using keyboard, not mouse.That way i can get full functionality of it.I press then select a desired menu using the arrows then press enter and violla.The important thing here is that you have to select a given item using the enter key, not the left click (so chosing an option can be done via mouse, but accepting a selection must be done by the enter key).I hope this will help ya there.Greets from PolandMarek.

Marek and all,With these new drivers (not the 169) I cannot even use the alt-enter function to go from full screne to windowed...sys locks up. I've got the EVA 7950GT card and using the 163.75 drivers. What is the line in the cfg file I should be changing for FSX to start up in Windowed mode?Thanks,

The game randomly crashes and causes the whole computer to freeze necessitating a full reboot. In DX10 mode the runway and taxiway textures jump up and down bleeding into each other at the point where they cross. Occasionally a MSFSX Logo shows instead of the texture of the game, like ground textures and airplane textures. 8800 GTX Video Card. The above mentioned I submitted to Nvidia.

Bump...Does anyone now the entry in the FSX Config to start the sim in Windowed mode fs full screene? I cant even do the Alt-Enter, as soon as the "alt" key is hit, CTD.Thanks all.

I just completed my new system build and I have this issue as well. I can click to open the menu, but once I click an option from the menu it hard locks and requires the system to be powered off. I'm obviously using an 8800 GTX.

>Bump...>>Does anyone now the entry in the FSX Config to start the sim>in Windowed mode fs full screene? I cant even do the>Alt-Enter, as soon as the "alt" key is hit, CTD.>>Thanks all.Switch to windowed mode when you first start FSX in your defaultflight, and then save that flight again as the default. I believe that from then on you'll start in windowed mode. I've always flownin windowed mode so I don't recall how I set it up initially but I'm pretty sure using the above procedure will work.My FSX cfg "Main" section contains these lines, among others:Maximized=0Location=0,0,1280,1024,.DISPLAY1HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1 Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Mike94

i have the same issue with an 7800GTX card. Installation of the 163.75 driver did NOT help to resolve the issue.I really hope that this problem will be resolved soon, as it makes FSX almost useless in full-screen.

>i have the same issue with an 7800GTX card. Installation of>the 163.75 driver did NOT help to resolve the issue.>>I really hope that this problem will be resolved soon, as it>makes FSX almost useless in full-screen.I'm peed off, Aces have dumped us, Phil has more or less said its the graphic card manufacturers problems now, not theirs :( they wont be talking about our problem's anymore :(Its attitudes like that can break a company, nobody should rest in MS's nest and make such arrogant boasts like that, not when their customers still have problems, sure they did good with Sp1, but they cant dump Sp2 on us, say oppps ... but no more talk anymore from us, its time to move on,that's rotten to the core :(Funny how Phil got a 20% performance increase in Vista DX10 (preview) and most people, with bang up to date drivers with high end systems and know how to get a performance decrease of 50% or more got less??? ..... B)I've perverse'd had bought Vista Ultimate 64, the hype from Aces about DX10 in Vista was incredible, then as Vista was released and the endless delays with DX10 and finally the watered down version of FSX DX10 (they are now calling it a preview)... we have been taken for a ride!!!There is no more support from Aces for the problems we have been dumped with, the entire fiasco, from what I have seen from Phil Taylor has been dumped on the door step of the graphic card company's ...B)Thats a major cop out IMHO.For the record, I believed the Aces Hype about DX10, only to be seen as back pedalling (artists impressions ETC)I bought Vista and high end hardware ... if this is the end of FSX investment as said by Mr Taylor .... Zilch, Nada, his words apparently, then I want out of this lying double crossing rat race.You cant make a good upgrade like SP1, soak up the praise, while working for a company who promoted Vista and DX10 as the be an all end all ... I really feel like I've wasted my money because of MS Vista, DX10 and false claims ... all around ... Bill Leaming, an apparent Aces beta tester was right, DX10 cards are a waste of money.This is a sad day :(

I'm also experiencing what all these others have. Running XP SP2 with the Nvidia 7950GT with 512MB, 2GB RAM. FSX was running perfectly until the install of Accel. But here's a problem I encountered since then:Got sick of the CTD's so unistalled Accel. did a complete defrag of the system and started up FSX. Now getting blurry textures on some aircraft, INCLUDING the default ones! I had read in another forum that it was more of a 3rd party problem but since my FSX still loads with the default Ultralight, the skin on top is totally blurry. Figured it had something to do with the latest Nvidia drivers I installed trying to fix the original Accel problem, but now that Accel is out why am I getting blurry textures that I didn't have before?I'm not a computer guru so I don't know what else to try beyond that. I sure hope Nvidia or MS finds a cure for these CTD's. When I was able to fly it (without accessing the menu's) I tried flying the EH101 and it flew better than any other helicopter I've flown in FS. Would love to reinstall it, but with the CTD's I'm not about to just for 3 new planes.MickeyKLAS

Guest jrobert

As far as I know, Phil, the Forceware 169 series drivers are still in beta and only fix issues with Crysis (not sure of the actual spelling). I haven't tested them myself so I can't tell you for sure whether they fix the FSX menu CTDs or not.

ARRRG, and I just un-installed Acell...lol well #### I don't have anything to do this weekend, I guess I'll reinstall and try out these new beta's...

Since nobody has commented yet I will check when I get home later, as I have those drivers installed for Crysis.

Guest in_04

I installed them yesterday and got "driver not responding...." messages in FSX. So I go back to the WHQL driver.I have with all three 169 BETA drivers problem in FSX. The worst ones where BSODs. I cant recommend the BETA for Windows Vista 64 Bit.Just my 2 cents.