Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gunner_CAF

Acceleration Missions

Guest Gunner_CAF

I loaded Acceleration today, and it looks great. But I ran into a few problems with old missions, and the SDK.In the mission I just finished, all Mobile Scenery Objects that are not active are visable. I also checked the Amazon Trek mission, it also has several mobile scenery objects. I found the same thing.The Tools are also gone from the menu bar. I know Acceleration included a FSX SP. Does anyone know if there will be a SP for the SDK?Gunner

The SDK for Acceleration/SP2 is on your DVD...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Gunner_CAF

Thanks, I just found it. I should read the "read me" file first :)Gunner

Could anyone post some screen shots of the SDK or a link to a site with some details on it.I have Acceleration installed now, can I still use my original deluxe FSX DVD to install the original SDK then update it with the Acc SDK?I'm interested in trying the SDK tools but dont want to mess up my FSX Acc install...

Guest fsxmissionguy

The original FSX RTM SDK will not work on Acceleration-enhanced FSX. (As a previous poster noted ... the new SDK is on the CD.)

>I loaded Acceleration today, and it looks great. But I ran>into a few problems with old missions, and the SDK.>>In the mission I just finished, all Mobile Scenery Objects>that are not active are visable. I also checked the Amazon>Trek mission, it also has several mobile scenery objects. I>found the same thing.>>The Tools are also gone from the menu bar. I know>Acceleration included a FSX SP. Does anyone know if there>will be a SP for the SDK?>>GunnerThe mobile scenery objects now support attaching effects (which is a good thing!).You still create a mobile scenery object the same way as before, but you use a library object as an object reference and then the effects can be attached to that library object. The UFO(s) in the intercept mission use this new system.

Guest Gunner_CAF

P-12C,Great, this will make some interesting missions!Thanks for the info.Gunner