Sign in to follow this  
newtie

elevation issues at KLAS

Plain jane, no addons. Raised elevation around 26L and right. Can someone check this for me?

Tried 1-10m mesh, no luck.

Thanks.

Edited by newtie

P3D6 Personal version patch5 

KLAS elevation

spacer.png

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

On 9/21/2023 at 11:27 AM, vonmar said:

P3D6 Personal version patch5 

KLAS elevation

Wow. That looks like a very early version of the simulator!  Good luck with getting the help you need to fix that.  In V6, I don't have the answer for you.  But in 5.4, all the necessary airport enhancements and ORBX combine to make KLAS a beautiful place to fly in to or out of.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted image removed.

Checked KLAS in P3DV6 with just the default scenery and this is the way it is on my version. Basically this is caused by the flatten airport background that is used by P3D going back to the FSX days. Also checked Skyvector and in real life their are differences of 100 or more feet in elevation from one end of the each runway compared to the other end. Since the airport is flatten by the P3D engine, the runways and airport background will be flat and there will be elevation drop-offs at the edge of the airport. Furthermore I checked with google earth and confirmed runway from one end to the other elevation differences for KLAS. P3DV6 does have the ability to slope runways but with complicated airports like this with many taxiways the sloped runway features may not work that well.  I also checked in P3DV5 where I still have ORBX vector, and global land class installed, but nothing specific for the KLAS area and it looks like the it also has elevation issues like you mention. I also fired up X-Plane 12 and, there was no sudden elevation changes or drop-offs at the edge of the airport. The altimeter indicated a gradual decrease or increase depending in the runway as I proceeded down the runway which is what would happen in real life. X-Plane does not use a flatten option for their runways and backgrounds and they just follow the terrain.

John C.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

This turned out to be two KLAS .bgls in TE SoCal.

Why an airport in NV is referenced in a CA photo scenery is someone above my pay grade will have to answer. ☺️