Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

MSFS A2A Comanche on Simmarket

I'm not sure if anyone will have been waiting for the Comanche to be available outside of the A2A but if you have it's now listed on the Simmarket website (albeit with an available from date 5 days in the future).

https://secure.simmarket.com/a2a-simulations-accu-sim-comanche-250-msfs.phtml

I haven't spotted it on any of the other sites yet, but wouldn't surprise me if it turns up on some of those as well, maybe from the 25th ?

Edited by Matchstick

Thanks for the heads up.
If you buy directly from A2A you will pay 10$ less though, and it is available now!

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

53 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Thanks for the heads up.
If you buy directly from A2A you will pay 10$ less though, and it is available now!

And you will get updates right away.

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

And all of the money will go straight to the developer. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Yep, can't see a reason to buy it from Simmarket myself but if someone does prefer them then they have that option.

Always buy directly from developers if possible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I always buy from Microsoft when possible, so as to maximize their profits, and to keep my FS assets organized. It takes a large and steady income stream to maintain the server banks and employ a large team. I don't want to see FS become nostalgia or cripple ware. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

11 minutes ago, Fielder said:

I always buy from Microsoft when possible, so as to maximize their profits, and to keep my FS assets organized. It takes a large and steady income stream to maintain the server banks and employ a large team. I don't want to see FS become nostalgia or cripple ware. 

You’re having a laugh right? This is satire? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I very seriously do not want the MS stream of income to be reduced to the point that the huge money it takes for them to maintain servers is not incoming.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

14 minutes ago, Fielder said:

On the other hand, we need top-tier 3rd party dev like  A2A to be financially healthy because we want them to stay. Some of them were a bit absent from the stage these recent years because they also have another customer with deep and full pocket (the US armed forces) and, maybe (who knows ?) easier to please. 

A2A has an ecommerce solution which is reasonably good and a prompt after-sale service in case of an issue. I don't see why MS should cream off half the price of the Comanche for a mediocre service.

On the organization side, the Addon Linker is a good alternative to a one-stop shop. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

No one should feel bad about where and with whom they choose to spend their money.  Any business worth their salt will factor in whatever percentage a distributor takes in their pricing strategy.

• Like 2

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

On the other hand, we need top-tier 3rd party dev like  A2A to be financially healthy because we want them to stay. Some of them were a bit absent from the stage these recent years because they also have another customer with deep and full pocket (the US armed forces) and, maybe (who knows ?) easier to please. 

A2A has an ecommerce solution which is reasonably good and a prompt after-sale service in case of an issue. I don't see why MS should cream off half the price of the Comanche for a mediocre service.

On the organization side, the Addon Linker is a good alternative to a one-stop shop. 

All very good points. But as I see it:

MS will shut off the servers and fire the FS team whenever they cannot at least almost break even on profits. (Profits are high right now).

Their income, I believe, comes from mainly from 2 sources:

Direct sales of the sim itself.

Sales from the marketplace.

I see direct sales of the sim itself approaching a ceiling. On the other hand, I see the marketplace growth almost limitless for a very long time to come. Therefore I see that as we move along in time, that marketplace sales is what is going to save FS, or it will not be saved. And I feel a whole lot better about myself if I am doing my part in doing something to help keep it alive.

I am encouraged to learn that a product like the Antonov 225 has generated as much as 1.3 million dollars in the market place. It's hardly their biggest seller. So that, and other things, tells me the marketplace is thriving and MSFS has a bright future.