Sign in to follow this  
Guest Calb

New default birds not FSX (SP1 or RTM) compatable?

Not ready yet to get neck deep into finding out how much havok Accleration will do to my fully functioning copy of FSX with modifed you name it and a fleet of 80 or so add-on planes, I thought I'd try adding the three new default birds to my current fleet.Well, the F18 and the P51 fly okay, but the EH101 goes into an unconrollable spin the second it loaded. All of the birds are missing the exterior glass on the models, and all the glass cockpit displays are blank. Its like I loaded FS2000 planes into FSX RTM, but these are supossed to be FSX planes are they not. I can understand the winch etc, but gauges and glass textures not displaying?Anyways I tried editing some of the textures changing the alpha channel etc, (the transparency works in preview with DTXbmp, but no go glass at all in FSX?) If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd appreciate the help.Regards'Garett

Guest Calb

None of the Acceleration added aircraft have 2D panels. The F-18 displays a large HUD instead. It has a nice VC. The EH-101 has a VC but instead of a 2D panel, it displays a kind of HUD (semi transparent).As a Beta tester, I have accumulated over 75 hours of flight time on the EH-101 but never encountered this "uncontrollable spin" you are getting.As for missing glass, all mine is there. Same is true of all other FSX default aircraft plus 2 or 3 FS9 aircraft I've stuck in.Most of your problems seem to be display problems. Perhaps you need updated video drivers.My system is similar to yours -- AMD 64X2, A8N-SLI, 2 Gb RAM & 7950GX2 w/1Gb.I ran with 91.47 video drivers during beta testing with no problems. I've since upgrade to 162.18 drivers. I believe I read somewhere there's a newer one available now.Is it possible an add on is causing a problem? I've seen a few posts by people having problems that were traced to one add on or another.Good luck in sorting this out.Cal - CYXX

Thanks Cal, Maybe I should clarify, I installed the three new birds into my existing FSX SP1 MANUALLY, I have not installed the Accell pack add-on. This was done my installing Accell on my other rig, tracking the install with Incrtl5, then copying all the relevent files for the 3 simobjects. I did it this way to make sure I got the gauges, as if your just extract the simobjects.cab files from the disk you wont get them or the fonts (that may or may not be relevent in the glass cockpit but brought them to be safe).Question: Where you testing the EH101 standalone in SP1, or was is part of a pack with the SP2 codebits update, and the shader updates etc? Doing the usual method of copying the objects folder, applicable gauges and effects as we do do with every add-on, its out of control - without window glass or dispays.This isn't a driver, display or add-on issue (other than those 3 planes) as everything else works within FSX. At best I thought I might have missed a texture, but thats not the case either. I'm editing it - so its there. The specific file is F-18_Main06_T.DDS, Canopy is in the lower right, and the alpha is pure white. I edited the F18 canopy texture & alpha exactly using the default cessna texture as a template - still no go. I did the specular to match RTM default birds and it didn't help either. I must not be doing something right as no matter what I do - no glass. As said though, the transperent preview in DTXbmp shows my changes work?Comparing the RTM/SP1 birds textures to the three new ones, there seems to be a difference in both the main textures alpha, and the specular textures & alpha. I wonder if I'm getting a "reverse" effect of what Phil posted on his blog about the transparent textures for some a/c. The rest of the stuff with guages who knows.Regards'Garetthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179446.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179447.jpg

Sorry, Garett, but Acceleration does come with the SP2 bits and there is quite a lot in there, many deep and subtle changes to the game. So, you may very well have to install the complete package in order to get everything right.Best regards.Luis

I installed the three new birds into my existing FSX SP1 MANUALLYSo you have three FSX SP2 aircraft in FSX SP1 and they don't work right.I think you've found the problem.SP2 aircraft are no more compatible with SP1 than FSX aircraft are compatible with FS9.

Insteading of pushing a rope with my nose trying to figure this out, I just desided to go for the full install. I appreciate all your comments.All the birds I was worried about are working, heck I didn't even have to recompile my traffic files and I thought that would be a for sure. Whew ... So far a painless install. I had fears of having to spend countless hours getting my stuff to work from adding this. This included many tweaks and birds I have working that aren't supposed to be, like my DA Cheyenne, DF B58, FSD Porter - and many others that I use regularly.The most work required was re-running my UT/Van+ configs to fix the terrain.cfg, and re-editing some the of default birds a/c cfg's to address a few fixes and usual texture/sound variants. Painless - Good job Aces, I was freaking out based on what I was reading from others.All in all, I'm very happy - and a whole lot relieved. Man Edwards base is awesome (incl 30+fps in VC). When Reggie stated "SP2 aircraft are no more compatible with SP1 than FSX aircraft are compatible with FS9." - that was kind of my point, as this was the first time I could rememeber in my flightsiming, (or any other game etc) where the dev changed the compatability "DURING" the current release, as SP1/SP2/RTM are all a current version. If it wasn't me that just screwed something up and this is true - I hope thats not a trend to be followed in FS11. That kind of thing is not what promotes a healthy add-on community, as many might be relectant to do anything until the dust settles. Went through that with many holding out for SP1. Just my thoughts anyways.Anyways, saved a flight prior to , gained about 2 frames average. While its not huge, its better than going the other way. Heck that that even includes the F-18, as when I heard Captain Sim made the exterior model, I though oh-oh problly need more ram and a new cpu ... LOL - Its all good. Hats off to ACES'Regards'Garett

Guest Calb

Sounds like yer a happy camper. Good for you. I know the feeling.Let me relieve of one other possible stress point you may have. If you uninstall accleration, your FSX install will automatically revert to what it was prior to Accceleration install. It's all detailed in the readme.Cal - CYXX