Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

Confused: Acceleration and Aerosofts position...

Guest CocoLoco

I was just looking around at Aerosoft's forum to find out if they were going to issue an update for the Do27 for Acceleration (window transparency issues) when I came across this post:http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=13693To quote Mathjis Kok of Aerosoft:"As far as we know there will be an SP2 that is different from what is in Acceleration. If not we got some very very serious issues as the files we have now break major parts of FSX. Personally I got to say we do not have Acceleration loaded on most systems in the office as the new features are just not good enough to make up for the problems regarding transparencies and LODs."To me, this is quite surprising and now I'm not at all sure what is going on. I should add that I am in the UK so I don't have Acceleration yet but am intending to get it (still)...RegardsDavid

Someone correct me if I am wrong. The problems reported only affect aircraft ported from FS9 to FSX and not those specifically designed for FSX?

Guest CocoLoco

I can't confirm this since I don't have Acceleration but from what I've seen on this forum, Aerosoft's Beaver for FSX is fine but the Do27 for FSX is not. I think it depends on what happened in the porting process, so there may not be a definitive answer.RegardsDavid

Guest moogman

Yeah thats right. Which means most of their stuff is rendered obsolte by the FS Shredder Pack, which is not Aerosoft's fault. Sure they could rebuild them all, but they have a lot of planes. And since they would have to redo everything you can be sure they will have to charge you again for everything.By the time they get all that work done FS 11 will be out, at which time Microsoft will likely announce that you can throw out all your FS X stuff too. So then you can pay 3 times for the same plane.The problem here is Microsoft, and their arrogant attitude. Not Aerosoft. Microsoft needs to release a patch, or a different version of SP 2 that does nt demolish all of our addons. I can understand if FS 11 comes along and they say they can't do any more backward compatibility for pre FS X stuff, but this is a modification/addon for a simulator program that was compatible with all our stuff, and then they release a "bonus pack" that throws all our stuff in the trash. Some bonus. :-fumeJeff

Hi,There is a fix already, uncheck the DX10 box and restart FSX.Using DX10 is called moving forward and it represents new technology that is not always compatible with old technology. Microsoft is not arrogant in this regard and has been gearing up for this for many months. Your add-ons need to be updated to DX10 and this is not the responsibility of Microsoft. Some users have already done this on their own, so I am sure a company can do so also.And your choices of some words are not appropriate.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest CocoLoco

JimI take it from your post that the transparency and LOD issues are restricted to DX10 mode and that all is fine in DX9 SP2. If so, this is good news for me since I'm holding off on the whole DX10 thing until it settles down a bit.On a different note, I noticed that you mentioned in another post that there may be LOD issues with older aircraft. Is this related to Mathjis Kok's comment in the original thread I posted about:"If so, better learn to live without much of the transparencies in FSX and forget about any LODs as Accel always loads the highest level even if the object is tens of miles away. The good side is that we don't have to bother about these issue anymore, not have to do 5 levels of complexity of every objects saves a lot of time. Will make FSX the only game done in the last 6 years that does not use LODs."I have to say, he doesn't seem very happy about this.For what it's worth, I don't think ACES and Phil are being arrogant - I get the feeling they are trying very hard and are "damned if they do and damned if they don't". I'm just trying to find a path through all of this that will enable me to make the right purchasing decisions in the future.Thanks for your time and input.RegardsDavid

Hi David,Please know that I was not reacting to your posts, they are respectful and legitimate.Yes, you are correct, the only time you will see these issues is under DX10. And this is the reason for some AI planes not showing up as well.Over the next few months things will be worked out. It is amazing that some (not you) want things, right now, 100% working with FS9 techniques, running perfectly, without giving anyone the time and courtesy to make it happen.Thanks!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/