Sign in to follow this  
tcgeo

TrackIR with Acceleration help

Is anybody having any trouble getting TrackIr to work after installing Acceleration? It actually works but the delay in movement is well over 30 seconds. I

Guest stpierce

Make sure your vector expansion module is still activated. I had to run the Track IR in admin mode to get it to work properly again. Hope this helps.Steve

You just figured it out. ;)Running FSX in HIGH priority gives HIGH priority to FSX and inherently LESS priority to TrackIR.Basically you are forcing more CPU cycles to be utilized by FSX and less by TrackIR. That's why you are seeing degraded performance of TrackIR.If you have an NVIDIA card the shimmering will be always be there. But you can be greatly reduced it (to almost non-exsitent in DX9) by properly configuring your graphics driver.

The funny thing is, I was able to run FSX in HIGH priority before Acceleration and had no issues with TrackIR. I just loaded the 163.71 drivers for my card. I'll have to play around with it a bit more to fix the shimmering. On another note, do you have any idea why that after you're in the game for say 15 to 20 minutes, FSX stalls and starts to load scenery files? Sometime the sim won't recover from this and I have to shut it down. Even if I'm just sitting on the ground watching other traffic it starts to load scenery files uncontrollably.Thanks,George

I had the same problem.There is a setting in FSUIPC to correct this.I don't remeber what it is and I am not in FSX right now.It has something to do with synching time I think,I am sure someone else will post exactly what I am talking about.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest jshyluk

The Vector Expansion is something you should have to worry about only with a TrackIR3. The old TrackIR system didn't have full all-axis tracking motion (6DOF) like TrackIR:PRO. It tracked a single reflective dot on your hat or forehead - a very embarassing dot if you forgot you were wearing one, and you were experimenting with reflective dots other than those that come with the TIR3. The newer system uses a "Vector Clip", which in the case of the TIR:PRO is the spring steel clip you mount on your hat, or in the case of the TrackClip:PRO, it's a USB-powered set of LED's.TIR:PRO automatically installs and runs Vector Expansion. You should never have to fool around with it. You can update a TIR3 with Vector Expansion to get a full 6DOF. If that's the case, then you fool around with Vector Expansion just enough to get it running.You will know what state your Vector Expansion is in by looking at the main screen of your TrackIR application. There's a logo with a 3-pronged arrow that represents X,Y, & Z axes. If the logo is blue, yout TrackIR is true. If the logo is gray, there'll be the devil to pay, meaning something could be deeply screwed up, and it's time to re-install TIR. This is just answering the question about the Vector Expansion; it probably has very little value in dealing with the original issue.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

So it is good to go???They might have changed some things in SP2, in regards to they way simconnect is set as a priority, within FSX, which we use as well..........

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

So it is good to go???They might have changed some things in SP2, in regards to they way simconnect is set as a priority, within FSX, which we use as well..........

Hi Vince,Yes, TrackIR is working well now as long as I run both FSX & TrackIR in NORMAL priority. I tried to run both FSX & TrackIR in HIGH but that did not work. I also tried to run both in ABOVE NORMAL, this worked but not well. There was a