Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Update appears to be processing

Update issues like this generally require a full reinstall which is gonna be so annoying. I really hope the next MSFS has a better update system because this current version is horrible.

Edited by nikolajz1

3 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

Asobo messed it up once again.

Lets wait for a hotfix.

I Think you mean Microsoft, it's their servers etc..

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

13 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

The beef I have with Microsoft is that the large number of users are stuck decompressing the packages. There's absolutely no support from them regarding whether we should nuke the installations using Task Manager, or wait until their sort out their stinky problem or anything... 

Did you see this?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-13-installation-investigation/610561

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

9 minutes ago, nikolajz1 said:

Update issues like this generally require a full reinstall which is gonna be so annoying. I really hope the next MSFS has a better update system because this current version is horrible.

For me it was the smoothest update by far. As soon as I started MSFS, it did a very small update, then about 1.6 GB. That went rather quickly. The longest was the 6+ GB in the Content Manager, which took about 25 minutes. I am flying now, and everything is working fine. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

My issue is the sim loads fine, then pops up a message saying updates necessary, go back to splash screen.  So I click update now, it goes back to 'checking for updates' then skips finding any and reloads the sim....

..... before popping up the same 'updates necessary' dialog 😞

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Update install finished after so many server problems, flying the TBM930 just to test the new version, it seems working good, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

Clearly this problem (which I am experiencing) is a regional/server issue. This is evident from the fact that some users are seeing a smooth update. For the rest of us, the only cure is patience until the traffic dies down a bit.

• Like 1

For me, the sim update went quickly. The updates to the different world regions is another story: It's been updating for hours, which is ok. Just reporting from my perch.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

19 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I Think you mean Microsoft, it's their servers etc..

If one is stuck at decompression of file, the servers are not relevant.  It should be an issue with the code.

So here I sit waiting for the update to complete. The status bar says I'm at 100%. But for the last 2 hours I'm stuck at "Decompressing microsoft-aircraft-dc3-1.2.2.fspatch..." Is this normal. Never had something like this happen when updating. What could be going on. Computer specs : i712600, 32G memory. 

This has happened before a while back, with an update (I forget which one), and there was a way of getting around it by locating the particular file that was stuck on decompression and removing it, then restarting the download -- this worked. I think the problem with SU13 is different, for this reason: I have restarted the update process several times, and each time it hangs up on decompression of a different file (and is a little closer to completion of the update). To me this makes all the more probable that it is a server issue, and we just have to wait it out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff D said:

So here I sit waiting for the update to complete. The status bar says I'm at 100%. But for the last 2 hours I'm stuck at "Decompressing microsoft-aircraft-dc3-1.2.2.fspatch..." Is this normal. Never had something like this happen when updating. What could be going on. Computer specs : i712600, 32G memory. 

I have totally different system and have the same issue.  

47 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Yep, pretty useless considering the issues with the servers are like 8 hours old now. It would be nice for them to actually support their customers and provide guidance. The fact that they're "investigating" this nonsense for hours, doesn't change the fact that their communication sucks. 

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

20 minutes ago, cobalt said:

This has happened before a while back, with an update (I forget which one), and there was a way of getting around it by locating the particular file that was stuck on decompression and removing it, then restarting the download -- this worked. I think the problem with SU13 is different, for this reason: I have restarted the update process several times, and each time it hangs up on decompression of a different file (and is a little closer to completion of the update). To me this makes all the more probable that it is a server issue, and we just have to wait it out.

I think you may be correct.The update completed a few minutes ago. I quit to desktop, restarted the computer and then restarted the game. It is now hung up on the "checking for updates" screen. Looks like I'll have to use the task manager to quit the game, but I'll let it sit for a while to see if it completes the update check.