Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Best way to watch your takeoff/landing as a passenger?

Without using these fiddly replay cameras and addons? Is there a way to watch your takeoff and landings from a passenger point of view? I fly mostly Fenix A320 and PMDG 737 and love to watch my takeoff/landings from the passenger wing view and I want to be able to do this in the most quickest and efficient way possible without having to resort to replay apps. I really wish someone would create a 1st person passenger addon for MSFS so we can play as a virtual passenger.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

But will we be able to sit in the cabin as a passenger while the Pilot/FO does the flying for us?

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

25 minutes ago, captain420 said:

But will we be able to sit in the cabin as a passenger while the Pilot/FO does the flying for us?

well  you could  assign  one  of  your  views  in  the  cabin window  seat  as  i  have  done,  can  sit  there  during  flight looking  at  the  wing or  where  you have  assigned  your  view

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

yes but what I want is for the Pilot/FO to do the takeoff and landing automatically, so that I can enjoy the view during those phases, without having to constantly do everything myself. It's hard trying to fly the plane while constantly switching back and forth between a passenger and the pilot.

I'm not talking while the plane is enroute, cause that's easy. I am specifically talking about during takeoff and landing. These are the 2 most part of the flight phase that I would like to watch as a passenger, and without an automated pilot flying, this is very difficult or close to impossible to do.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, captain420 said:

yes but what I want is for the Pilot/FO to do the takeoff and landing automatically, so that I can enjoy the view during those faces, without having to constantly do everything myself. It's hard trying to fly the plane while constantly switching back and forth between a passenger and the pilot.

the only  way  to do it   since  there  is  no option for  the pilot/copilot   to  fly  for  you  is  once  you  have taken off  set  autopilot   and  on landing  set  auto land is  the only  way i  can  think off  doing  it.  Since  the  way  you want  to do it  cant  be  done  unless   some one  else   has  a idea

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes, but I would like to be sit in passenger view from the runway, not after takeoff. This is why I wish there was an addon to let the pilot/fo fly the plane for your entire route, while you can sit back and make cinematic videos.

Just record the flight and then re-run it and go sit in the passenger seat

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, many default plane(s) will pretty much fly the whole flight if you want it to. Since you don't want to be in the cockpit anyways, there's probably little practical difference between whether you are flying the latest expensive mega-plane or one of the defaults...

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I normally just quickly pop out into the drone cam.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

If you're prepared to trust it (as it can be hit or miss especially as far as landing on the runway rather than somewhere close by), you could use the AI pilot (different from autopilot) accessed through the drop down menu. When it behaves, it will control the flight from start to finish, whether that's cold & dark or runway to runway. 

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Has the AI gotten better and will it work on planes like the Fenix A320 and PMDG 737?

You can't really do this very well at the moment.  The AI pilot is pretty poor and doesn't work on more advanced aircraft.  

And before everyone comes in and goes "It's a flight simulator, so fly the plane yourself", yeah, great, it is and we do.  But it's quite cool to have a flight on in the background while working, and the AI copilot with a custom pax view can nearly do this, but not quite.  It is frustrating.  

• Like 1