Sign in to follow this  
MM

Anti-aliasing?

Guest phenom

How do I know if AA is NOT working?

Guest JamesMc

>ED, is that a yes or no. I would like to know too? Why>respond if you can't answer the question? Funny. I don't see your answer to the problem here. Maybe you should follow your own advice.Great info here guys thanks :)

Guest chinga

>>Guys...Bill's suggestion works perfectly! Thanks's Bill!!!!>>Just add the 2 entries into your .cfg file under the>>(Graphics) header. I added them with a value of 8 and 2 and>it>>works perfectly....>>Just to be clear is that the fsx.cfg file ?>>Do you have AA checked in FSX?>>What about the 8800 settings, do you have application>control?>>What 8800 drivers are you using?>>>Thanks would like to try to get DX10 working.>>>Yes...it is the fsx.cfg file.Yes AA is checked in FSX.I have the Nvidia control panel set to enhance the application 8x supersampling.I'm using the 169.01 beta drivers.Intel E6700 @ 3.8ghz4 gig Corsair Pc2-8500 @ 1066mhzEvga 680i nVidia motherboardXFX 8800GTS 640 mb o/c @675/2100 169.01 Beta Drivers2 74gig WD 10,000 rpm Raptors Raid 0Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower PsuAcer 22" Widescreen LCD

You'll know. Aircraft surfaces, among other things, will look jagged and rough.Regards,Jim Karn

>Correct you cannot delete profiles with 163+ drivers. >However, utilizing nHancer v2.3.1, you can disable the default>FSX profile (you must disable it as you cannot make changes to>the default profile) that ships with the driver package and>make a new profile and tweak to your hearts content.How do you disable the profileI fail to see any related buttons...allen

I tried DX10 and changing settings and ended up with half the frame rates in DX9!Solved it by removing nHancer and in FSX set:AA onFiltering to AnsioAt least in DX9 that give a decent image with excellent frame rates.I'll pass on DX10 for now.

Guest phenom

>You'll know. Aircraft surfaces, among other things, will>look jagged and rough.>>Regards,>Jim KarnI don't have the driver information in front of me, but everything looks fine on my PC.However, I just finished a flight, and after turning off the runway and opening the ATC window, everything went black. The sim was still running, as I could hear throttle response, a plane taking off behind me, and was able to respond to ATC, but there was nothing on the screen. I alt+tabbed, alt+entered and couldn't get it back at all. :(

>It does work, but at a reduced level. It would be nice to be>able to crank the levels up a bit to smooth out the jaggies.>>Hopefully, nvidia will address the issue as Phil Taylor has>been in contact with them.>>Regards,>Jim KarnI can confirm that as well. My specs:Abit I35 Pro MBE6600 Core Duo CPU (oc 3 GHz)2 GB Crucial Ballistix PC2 8500EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX (stock speeds)Corsair 620HX PSU1 WD Raptor X 150 GB SATA HDD2 Seagate 320 GB SATA HDDsSoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty ProPioneer DVR-111D DVD-RW PATALite-On LH-20A1S DVD-RW SATANEC MultiSync 90GX 19" LCDWin Vista 32-bit Home PremiumForceware 163.69 video driverI use nHancer and have FSX set with AA checked and Aniso filtering, DX10 preview, light bloom are checked. I've tweaked nHancer as per this post by Nick N at Simviation:http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...um=1183998514/0I do get AA in the game (full screen mode) but not in the UI aircraft preview window. Frame rates are pretty good, with a limit set at 30 fps. I like the expansion pack and its impact on the game, its eye candy, and my frame rates.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Guest Lennyt

>>You'll know. Aircraft surfaces, among other things, will>>look jagged and rough.>>>>Regards,>>Jim Karn>>I don't have the driver information in front of me, but>everything looks fine on my PC.>>However, I just finished a flight, and after turning off the>runway and opening the ATC window, everything went black. The>sim was still running, as I could hear throttle response, a>plane taking off behind me, and was able to respond to ATC,>but there was nothing on the screen. I alt+tabbed,>alt+entered and couldn't get it back at all. :(This has happened to me a couple of times as well. I was using the Nvidia beta driver.

Ed,If you're having troubles with FS9 and AA/AF with your nVidia card and the new drivers, you might want to revisit this thread:http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=38921Note that the system for using nHancer with the newer drivers has necessarily changed. Note as well that you need not only duplicate the FS2004 driver but then delete it and create a new one. (And turn off AA in FS9.) Again, Ryan's suggestions for fixing the new drivers are interspersed through that thread.(I apologize for noting this FS9 fix in the FSX forum...but others might find this helpful.)Good luck,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1