Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

Flight Deck Crew Sounds

Guest kd001

Hi. Is there a good, freeware, flight deck crew sound package to use with FSX? Preferably one that doesnt cause problemsThanks

Yep - check the AVsim file library...works great in FSXFlightDeck SFX Colored Panel Platesfdpnlplt.zip Just follow the readme to add it to any aircraft.

Guest kd001

Thanks for the reply.While doing my own search I came across a payware product: FDC Live Cockpit. Has anyone used this with FSX? Is it any good? Does it affect frame rates?Thanks

I have it. IMO, it's just ok. They geared it towards checklists primarily. What you really want is to wait for FSpassengers, the FSX version is said to be ready before the end of the year. Check out there website.

Guest kd001

Could someone also tell me if I can use the flaps man FDC if I want to, with the co-pilots still doing the call-outs.

Guest dbailey3887

I purchased FDC and I have had no sleep for the last three days trying to get it to work. Problem after problem.

Guest RonB49

>. . . FDC . . . Problem after problem. Have you asked for help on the On-Course Software boards farther down in these forums? Dave March usually replies quickly to cries for help.I have FDC and love it. It does take some "learning" but it is worth it, at least to me. FDC is one of my "must have" addons.R-

XPax. It is not free, but it's a great add-on and highly recommended. However, it works best with a two monitor setup to view the "Passenger Cam". Great and innovative idea!Pat

Guest dbailey3887

I have a brand new HP quad core computer running vista with 3gig of ram. Once I installed FDC I get out of memory errors. I've had a number of problems while running the program with Level D 767. I can't get the program to function properly. My computer freezes up. I emailed Dave Marsh and I did get a response. This is what i wrote "Is there or will there be a simple update that the novice simmer like myself can download and update the product to address the issues? The information is unclear to a novice. This is totally frustrating. A satisfied customer represents future business!!! This is madness, you almost need to be a programmer just to get the darn thing to work! Thank you.His response was " On the contrary, it is very easy to get it to work and many thousands have not experienced the misfortunate issues you have, for whatever reason" That response didn't solve any of the many FDC issues I emailed him about. The product is probably very good but if I can't make it work I'll never know. Unfortunately after about three days of trying to get it to work I give up. I'll uninstall it and remember it as one of the products that didn't work with flight sim. As flight sim progresses in the future if I see an updated version of FDC i'll steer clear of it.