Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

UTX USA - is it worth it??

Guest davewins

do you guys recommend Ultimate Terrain for FSX?? I am looking at just the US because that's where majority of my flying is anyway. I believe it's called UTX. Do you guys recommend it?? Is it an FPS killer or not at all?? Thanx for the honest review!

Most definitely recommended. If you download the pdf document from the Flight1 website, you'll notice why.For flying in the USA I would consider it to be a "must-have".Pat

If you use all the features on it and set traffic to high ...yes it would be a frame rate killer. But if you use it judiciously, its an invaluable addon. For Night flying its fantastic. For me its like me having a full detailed scenery for the entire US. The street lighting is particularly good. But the UT default lighting is a little overbearing for me.. so I am using a FS9 freeware lights thats in the AVSIM library. ...but this street lighting is something new UT has I love...love love it. These street lights also could be made to work over any Megascenery you may have as well. This is how I use it.1. I am not using the streets at all. 2. I have currently turned off the highways as well. But thats something you could have, but turn down the traffic% since turning on UT would increase your overall Traffic anyway. 3. Pick the lowest resolution highway texture.The streets, Highways, road texture and % of traffic is directly correlated to your Frames/performance.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Lith1um

I use UTX USA with Adam Mill's freeware ground textures.Deffinately worth the purchase imo.Adam's textures are in the fsx file library. He uploaded USA and Europe and I use them both. Great work imo, goes a long way towards getting rid of the desert look. usa_ground_textures_part_1european_ground_textures_part_1Both Europe and USA are uploaded in 8 parts due to avsim file size restrictions.

>do you guys recommend Ultimate Terrain for FSX?? I am>looking at just the US because that's where majority of my>flying is anyway. I believe it's called UTX. Do you guys>recommend it?? Is it an FPS killer or not at all?? Thanx for>the honest review!For VFR flying in the US, this is THE PRODUCT!If you are a high-altitude, long-distance flyer then the improved landclass alone might not justify it but for VFR flying I wouldn't leave home without it! Essential for detail roads that get you to the small GA airports; essential for the roads through the boonies and the streams and small rivers. I use it with FSMMoving Map to explore all those places I won't ever likely see in real life. The extra traffic on the smaller roads is my favorite new feature.FPS aren't great on my current system but I'll take what I can get to have the enhanced look. Most of us have to compromise somewhat...Loyd

Guest Eislinger

Worth it. Make a world of difference if you are familiar with certain areas and FSX just doesn't do it

Definately a must have!! Here's the FSD Saratoga at the new Reno/Tahoe with Acceleration SP2 DX9. Installed Add-ons:X-GraphicsUTX-USA - they've got a small patch for acceleration.AS6.5FSD C337FSD SaratogaFSD SenacaReal Air SF260FSG TerrainFSG LandclassWOAI ai airline packagesDell XPS 410 E6700 (2.66x2 GHz) /1066 FSB) | 3GB pc2-4200 | 256MB GeForce 8600 GT

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

I highly recommend it too.I'm into FSEconomy big time, which takes you into all those little airstrips scattered about the land. Just the other day I was down in West Texas at some remote strip, I had Google Earth and used it to compare landclass with FS...it was spot on,...way out in the middle of nowhere ( no offense Texan's )...cheersGreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

I have it, but uninstalled because of a couple of issues on my medium system.1. Frame rate hit, even with minimum settings.2. Increased blurries.3. Roads shifted causing them to cross over tarmacs and runways at my local airport.The minimal improvements over the default scenery (with my system) did not justify keeping it on my drive. Bob...

Dave, if you fly VFR then by all means get UTX USA. (And if you meander north of the border, you may want UTX Canada as well.)The frame rate hit is scalable. (The greatest increase is for the extra autogen generated by more accurate cities and towns. And the increased traffic costs FPS as well.) If you have a new machine, you can certainly handle the extra demand. And you can pick and choose the extent of the features that UTX provides.The main attraction is accurate (1) roads and streets (if you like), (2) lakes and rivers, and (3) coastlines. You also get good 3D bridges and the tremendous night lighting. (And a few extra tweaking features and options.)The default FSX has much better USA roads than did FS9. So unless you want accurate small streets (a mixed blessing), then the road network is not the main addition. (Canada is another story.) The water and coastlines are important, however. And for many, the urban landclass makes a world of difference.Ultimate Terrain is a first class operation. Deservedly much acclaimed.Best,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

If I could have only 1 add-on of any type for FS, it would be Ultimate Terrain.Tony

I love it. However, I also like flying in Hawaii with Photoreal scenery. Using UTX USA in Hawaii seems to give me land mass where there's supposed to be ocean. I guess Hawaii doesn't fit into the USA fot UTX. That's OK, though, because the Continental USA is great with the addon.Stan

Actually, Hawaii was pretty heavily beta tested. One of the testers really likes flying there and spent nearly all his time there. In fact, I think he created some airport fixes so that the coastlines could be accurate.Did you post any questions at the UT forum about it?http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=19Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg