Sign in to follow this  
STK

Hype Performance Group (HPG) Airbus H160 Announced

14 minutes ago, peloto said:

If you fly this copter in online with others that not have the Heli, what they watch actually, the small general aircraft or the airliner?

Hope ASOBO solves that in a near future, in the FS2024 they stated that is solved.

Yes, I think even showing them a default helo would be better ...much better...mucho mejor...than showing them an airliner. 

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 10/27/2023 at 12:43 PM, ryanbatc said:

I've finally had a few hours with this heli... it's incredible!  The sounds, the visuals, the in depth systems.

Hey Ryan,

I have been thinking about picking this up, I am a terrible Heli Pilot lol which has me sitting on the fence a bit. The automation does look very good and all the videos I have seen are extremely positive.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

3 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Hey Ryan,

I have been thinking about picking this up, I am a terrible Heli Pilot lol which has me sitting on the fence a bit. The automation does look very good and all the videos I have seen are extremely positive.

It is superb.  I guess the most important question I have for you is:  what sort of controllers do you have?  I have a stick and ch throttle...so it kinda works like a collective.

Flying a heli with a yoke is doable but kinda weird.

Also you'll want pedals - those are important imo.

It is quite easy to fly as the auto flight system sort of assists you as you takeoff and land (this can be disabled with a cyclic trim release function) for full manual authority.

And apparently it will also takeoff and land fully automatically but I haven't tried yet.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This one and the H145 are certainly easier to fly than most heli’s with all of their automation.

Easier is definitely a relative term though as they’re still helicopters and challenging.  These are much easier to fly cross country though with their impressive autopilot capabilities that other devs haven’t yet implemented.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

35 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

It is superb.  I guess the most important question I have for you is:  what sort of controllers do you have?  I have a stick and ch throttle...so it kinda works like a collective.

Flying a heli with a yoke is doable but kinda weird.

Also you'll want pedals - those are important imo.

It is quite easy to fly as the auto flight system sort of assists you as you takeoff and land (this can be disabled with a cyclic trim release function) for full manual authority.

And apparently it will also takeoff and land fully automatically but I haven't tried yet.

I have an Airbus Sidestick to my left, a Honeycomb Yoke in front of me and the Bravo Throttle to my right. For pedals I have a set of Virpil. Not the most realistic Heli setup but it should work.

Glad you're enjoying her, she looks a blast !

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

16 hours ago, RJC68 said:

I have an Airbus Sidestick to my left, a Honeycomb Yoke in front of me and the Bravo Throttle to my right. For pedals I have a set of Virpil. Not the most realistic Heli setup but it should work.

Glad you're enjoying her, she looks a blast !

I'm currently forced to use a yoke for helo flying, and it's not ideal (at all) but it can be done.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

What does it take to get the License code for the Hype Group products? I bought the 145 at release, but I don't remember how the License key for it was received. I have the order receipt email from them but that didn't have the license listed .  What's the deal?

I found the resend activation key, in the app but they keep sending me the key for the 145 that I bought at it's release. Both 145 and 160 products are listed under my account.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

4 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

What does it take to get the License code for the Hype Group products? I bought the 145 at release, but I don't remember how the License key for it was received. I have the order receipt email from them but that didn't have the license listed .  What's the deal?

If you head to: https://www.hypeperformancegroup.com/ and click on "Resend Activation Key" at the top then that should help. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

13 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

If you head to: https://www.hypeperformancegroup.com/ and click on "Resend Activation Key" at the top then that should help. 

thanks for the tip, but they sent the one from the 145, maybe I have to wait a day or so for todays purchase of the 160 actually registers somehow. I would have thought once they sent the order conformation that the 160 would have been added to the sendowl thingy

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

55 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

thanks for the tip, but they sent the one from the 145, maybe I have to wait a day or so for todays purchase of the 160 actually registers somehow. I would have thought once they sent the order conformation that the 160 would have been added to the sendowl thingy

For the H160 I got two emails, order confirmed and then an order email with the download link which also contained the serial key. If you don’t have that one yet I would probably reach out on their discord or something 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I finally got the second email with download and Key. I did find a way to contact them and did, but I think the system just took a while to throw out the "desired" email. All's well now.

• Like 1

I've done a few liveries for this thing so far (found at the usual place).  The product itself is simply excellent.  My favorite helicopter in any sim, to date.

53302512282_e39a238b0c_o.jpgUntitled-3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53303743939_662392bd57_o.jpgUntitled-3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53303617518_a7846eb98f_o.jpgoilrig by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 7

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@ryanbatc some great looking liveries for this great sim chopper. I am really enjoying this helo more than I have any other as well.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Helicopters certainly have come a long way in MSFS... this one definitely looks to be a stellar example, and lots more 3rd party ones in the pipeline in what is turning out to be a thriving ecosystem similar to the regular aircraft market for the sim (follow helisimmer.com for all the news/updates).

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

What do you think about the flight model of this Aircraft, I can fly very well and smooth and precise both helicopters of MSFS without any assistance on, though this helicopter without auto trim etc. is totally unflyable, for my totally unrealistic, even like for me, maybe with unnatural robotic movements or so?, a pity.