Sign in to follow this  
Manny

PMDG 744X is OUT!!!!

>Looks like I'll have to buy this before 2359z 31DEC so I can>pick up that discount before it expires. This may force my>hand with regards to a hardware upgrade :-) >>>>>>>Man, I am really curious as to why you think you "should" have to upgrade your machine. I checked your specs. The average increase in horse power between generations of hardware (cpu, gpu) is not that much. It would take at least two generations to gain any significant increase. By then FS11 will be out I'm not picking on you by the way. Your's is not the only post that makes this statement. Anyway!I have an ASUS PB5, Intel Core Duo 6600, 2x 2GB Dual Channel (4 GB) RAM, nVidia 8800GTX (768MB). I can choose to run FSX at medium to low settings to "enjoy it" (not) or I can (which I do) run FS9 full to the right!I no, I no... who cares, right!

Guest Lennyt

>For the first time since PMDG offered stuff for FS, I'm not>buying it. FSX performance precludes that. I don't see $42>worth of upgrades; maybe initial users will find it. >>Bob... I`m the say way. This is after upgrading to a quad core and 3 gigs from a single core 3.6 Ghz with 2 gigs ram. With Acceleration, SP1, SP2 I`ve got just the right mix of fps. But in doing so I had to take off UTX because it resulted in substantial frame rate loss even with the low textures. I know PMDG 747 for FS9 (which I have) was not shy about taking frames. There is simply no more headroom for FSX and PMDG 747 unless I strip FSX it down to paltry graphics and no AI (right now at 10%).Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz, 3 GB ram, 8400GS 256 mb.

Yes - traffic has been crazy (as usual on release day :-)).Please try again now - it should behave much more smoothly!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest abulaafia

got itflew itlove itA masterpiece. Absolute perfection. Framerates no worse than Level-D on my 2-year old system. Back to my EGLL VHHH

No deceit, at least from your eyes, and that price will continue to rise with the continued drop in the US economy. They gotta be lovin the

Guest Hocking

That is way too expensive for an Add-On. Sorry PMDG, you may want to reconsider your pricing strategy. I guess I will stick with the Level-D 767 for now. In about 6 to 12 months after some upgrading, I may reconsider the PMDG 747.As far as FSX and overhead remaining for add-ons, I have learned one huge lesson after this FSX release. From now on I am going to delay my purchase of the new MSFS for at least 12 to 18 months (probably closer to 18 months) at the earliest to give all the Add-On developers and ACES a chance to get things working. I admittedly do not have the patience or know-how to mess around trying to get things to run correctly. I know many of your guys who have been around awhile already knew this, and that is why you are still comfortably flying around in FS9.For the first time ever I actually cringe when I hear talk about Microsoft's next Flight Simulator, FS11. Please, No, No!!!!!!! Somebody save me!!!!!!!!!

Right, a real masterpiece.Perfect and smooth.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest kittie

:-eek All I can say is WOW!!!I am very impressed! I love the sounds the look, the feel, the detail. I just can't believe it.Yes it's hard on frames but still very flyable. In 2d I'm getting 20fps which is great if you still use 2d. In VC (which is what I always fly in now) I get about 13fps.I love it! Thank you PMDG Team!Huggs:-wave

13 FPS, and you have an X6800 with all the trimmings don't you Kittie? If so, the FSX performance bar with such an addon is really scraping the floor, even one year after release :-eek Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest kittie

:-wave Yes I have the X6800, but I think my problem is I need the new 8800 series video card. I have the 7950 1gig nvidia card. That is were my problems come from.Kittie

Guest sunbear

>I give up!!! I bought it but cannot download it. Too much>traffic i guess. I am now on my 15th attempt to download->connection to server keeps being reset!! Very frustrating. >>Should have know better never to purchase a PMDG product on>day one. That is the reason I purchase CD versions when they are released. I've also had problems with the downloads. My biggest complaint is that I cannot get the discounts that PMDG is offering those who have purchased their products in the past over the internet. I have been a faithful customer of PMDG in the past but will not purchase the 747 this time because of there policy to not offer the discounts to those who purchased a CD version. I could sent them the original CD copy back to them as proof of purchase, but still no deal. I understand that I'm dealing with a secondary sales media, but I am still a little perturbed that I can't get the discount that others can if they purchased from their website.jack

An 8800 GPU isn't going to do much at all for your FPS I'm afraid.Only a 5-6Ghz CPU will cure your problem.13FPS is totally unflyable as as far as I am concerned.Glenn