Sign in to follow this  
Manny

PMDG 744X is OUT!!!!

Just for the record, I'm another one that was eagerly waiting to buy this but the pricing is just too high. It isn't that I don't have the money or inclination (as I have a bunch of other FSX add-ons plus PMDG's reputation is 1st class). But 60 Euro discounted!!!! I'll stick with my excellent Level D 767 for 39 Euro.

Can I ask if the 13fps figure is from a busy airport or when flying at 35000ft in the middle of nowhere? Also what are your autogen and traffic settings?Just trying to figure out whether (or more to the point when) to buy this addon. I only have a P4 3Ghz, but I get acceptable performance (for me anyway) with the Level-D 767 if I reduce settings sufficiently.Colin

Guest kittie

The 13fps is at a normal sized airport, I was at PANC. With default weather (not thunderstorms). The traffic setting is at 10% AI (with boats and cars etc). Once airborn the frames go up. That is just on the ground taxing or landing. My boyfriend is on a flight now in the 744 and has been flying 2hours plus KSDF-PANC (not online, nothing but problems trying to use FSINN online). He is flying in 2d and has the frames locked at 20 and getting 20 with real world weather even when he was on the ground. The other big issue is the out of memory error. PMDG uses a lot of resources. I still Love it!!!:-wave

>The 13fps is at a normal sized airport, I was at PANC. With>default weather (not thunderstorms). The traffic setting is>at 10% AI (with boats and cars etc). Once airborn the frames>go up. That is just on the ground taxing or landing. My>boyfriend is on a flight now in the 744 and has been flying>2hours plus KSDF-PANC (not online, nothing but problems trying>to use FSINN online). He is flying in 2d and has the frames>locked at 20 and getting 20 with real world weather even when>he was on the ground. The other big issue is the out of>memory error. PMDG uses a lot of resources. >>I still Love it!!!>>>:-wave Yeah..I encountered this Memory error today. It starts out with 1.3gig and then slows creeps up as I go to 2d and pull the FMC and while I up there flying..it stays around 1.65G until I start climbing down. Its a crap shoot. I have also landed at KLAX without the memory error and then I try to take off again and fly around a bit in LA and the memory goes to 1.95... and POP! Reload FSX.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter