Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

SP2 DX9 In Game AA Issue

Guys,I know there have been issues with AA on the DX10 preview mode of SP2, however since installing Acceleration, my in game AA on DX9 (checked in FSX, driver set to application control) is not working correctly.Anyone else having issues? My spec is below. Has there been changed in the way FSX handles AA/AF internally?Thanks for any suggestions,Glenn

Update:The AA works fine in windowed mode.Switching to full screeen gives jaggies as noted above.Reverting to SP1 fixes the issue.So what has changed with the in game implementation of AA with SP2???Glenn

With SP2 DX9 I had illegible (not just blurry) menu and ATC text using the same settings pre SP2. I had to fiddle around with MIP settings and some other ATI specific settings to get clear text. Not sure if this is related to your problem, but SP2 seems more sensitive to such tweaks.Graphics ATI 2900 Pro (7.10 drivers)

Problem Solved: Sort of......Seems like it was related to a multiplayer session for some reason. No issues now.Glenn

Interesting regarding your fix of the text.I assumed my problems had to do with the fact that I am using it with a 64 MB graphics card (ATI X300 mobility). Sometimes my menu text looks ok, but then it will go all goofy. A bit of a pain.Do you have any idea exactly what you did?Another problem with these laptop graphics cards is that they don't really keep the drivers up to date, so that can be a problem sometimes.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Well, I didn't test it systematically.But I remember that it seemed to depend moston the mipmap detail setting in the ATI control panel (only highest quality worked).I also remember that pre SP2 the quality of the text really didn't change that much depending on this and other ATI settings.Sorry I can be more specific.

Thanks! That fixed it for me, plus this change might have also fixed another issue for me.When I checked my MIP settings in the DirectX3D menu of the ATI driver settings, the "custom" box was checked, but the MIP and Texture settings were unsettable and set to the performance end. So I unclicked the custom box, and then they became available to move and jumped to the Quality end. So I rechecked the custom box, and they stayed where they were and stayed selectable.When I restarted FSX, my menus looked perfect again. Previous to this they looked much more transparent, and became jumbled up over time as I flew.I also had previously had a problem with the new aircraft looking like big jumbles of 3D triangles with just a couple of recognizable parts. After this change, everything looks great now. Granted, I only saw this problem once, but I was intermittently seeing other graphics problems as well (textures not displaying mostly), and now everything looks like it did before.I should note the computer I have Acceleration loaded on is a Dell D810 1.86 GHz Pentium M/2 GB Mem/64 MB ATI X300 graphics laptop with XP SP2. Below the stated minimum specs, I know, but it seems to work well. I get about 15 fps in fairly sparsely populated areas (i.e. Nashua, NH) with traffic and autgen off, 1.x water (haven't tried 2.x water yet since Acceleration was added), and 76 m terrain, and 2 - 5m texture resolution.Thanks again!Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg