Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

In or in the way

I don't wanna stop... Ozzy has a way with words that sum up my thoughts as a developer producing models for FSXSP2/acceleration.The toolbag available to me now provides for a rich assortment ofadditional capacity to include with a release and far from takinglonger to produce a feature there is considerable time saved in programming.One minor example was adding droppable payloads to military aircraft, what took me a week to hand code in XML, animate and perfect for FS9 took a whole afternoon this week.. and left me witha file to merge to include the same capacity to any another aircraft in five measly minutes, when i add that the scenery elements i dropped in were interactive and would explode when struck by a direct hit, were easy to animate, include a multitude of sounds , throw in animated ground vehicles,birds...people.. AI traffic... the list goes on but you see the direction i am headed with this.In short i am having way too much fun to look back and do not have any intention of producing more FS9 material, there are three pages worth of productions by me in the Avsim library built to run in FS9, everything from an AT-AT walker to the Hindenburg, the Citation Sovereign to Sikorski's La Grand contain a multitude of custom animations driven by XML that was created and tested one by one.The Sikorsky model contained 212 animated parts, every single wire,valve, rocker arm, lifter, flywheel , even Igor

Guest JeanLuc_

Good post, exactly my view, until I've lost 2 days in the debugger to discover how SP2 changed behavior for one gauge element image flag that made my gauges crashing... a non documented change :DTo each is own!

Guest Staggerwing

Chuck,Please read the posting rules for screen shots, the ones removed are way over the size limit and make a mess out of the forumsThank you for your help..

The docs may be a little light on the details once in a while, buti sure like the html format this time round .As to bugs its funny but i had one show up on the last burn withthe gear pivot points that i had not even touched and hadbeen working fine ... spent 6 hours looking over the model couldfind nothing wrong , decided to leave it and after installing theXPack the problem dissapeared along with a mystery shadow coming from the door ... plus the new SDK has in the modeldef.xml a treasure trove of gauge code thus saving me the trouble of redoingthe code for the three panels worth of gauges in the vc... all inall i am a happy camper , ensuite un gros Sti'cest cool L'F18

Guest Staggerwing

CJ,You can go up to 1024 x 768 & 150k file size, but you can only post shots outside the screen shot forum if they are to explain a problem or solution etc. Just screen shots to show members a nice shot, should go in the screen shot forum :-)Thanks for your help,

Thanks , i have more practice posting the front page at Avsim than ido in the forum ( news editor ).. anyway to put in a little last wordby Microsoft from the new SDK -> ''Developers should only use the Acceleration Expansion Pack SDK if their target audience is users who have installed the Acceleration Expansion Pack, or installed Flight Simulator X SP2. In the latter case the developer should not use any features marked as specific to the expansion pack if the add-on is to run cleanly on Flight Simulator X SP2 without the expansion pack. However, all add-ons developed using the expansion pack SDK but targeted at installations of Flight Simulator X SP2 should first be tested on the SP2 release. If the target audience is users of earlier versions of Flight Simulator X, then developers should use the SDK provided with the earlier version. As a general rule only forward compatibility of the SDK is supported.''