Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Acceleration is great, but a few details are a no-go

Guest Heimi77

I mean, it`s really great but some things dissapointed me. Why did no betatester complain about that?I can`t believe this following mistakes(or bugs) did it to release:-No real 2D cockpits in the 3 new machines. 3D VC is great especially the better overview, but some buttons would be better accessible in 2D mode.-No more additional panels except GPS in the new aircrafts... #####???-No manual for the new cockpits. Especially using the F/A 18 is a riddle for me.-If you have standard FSX (not Deluxe/Professional) you have missing Avionics in the coworker mission (because the Maule is a Deluxe aircraft!?)-Taxiing with P51 is the same like in the Extra300... crappy. At slow speed unmaneuverable.-F/A 18 gear sometimes staying out in OutsideView-Missing buildings at airports that were there before Accelerationto be continued... (?)I hope this things will be fixed by an additional hotfix/patch.Did you also recognized some mistakes? The please complete this list.

Much of the control of the aircraft systems was done from the VC using the a key, the view tight focused on the subpanels.As luck would have it the install of the Xpack cured a numberof problems for me and smoothed out the sim without a singleproblem with any element whatsoever leading to a conclusion thatindividual setups are the problem in most cases with interactionsbetween addons and hardware causing any number of effects i have readover the last few days.When i asked a few questions of fellow designers about the beta test process i had some idea why the addons were causing problems, there was something like 100 beta testers in total and of them not all who had the opportunity to install the beta could becauseof design projects on the table and in many cases if not most casesthe design community rely on XP and refuse to change because of a perceived incompatibility with their software and vista or they justplain hate Vista or love XP .. whatever the case i gather the actual number of beta team members running direct x tests was far fewer than 100, further that some of the team did indeed have problemsand did report them, thereafter had to uninstall the XPack betaso as to resume developing other projects .Net result is i think a few were caught with their drawers downand the actual beta crew was somewhat smaller than ideal.That said the percentage of people with problems seems limitedto a fairly small percentage of users and the makers are doubtless scrambling to keep up with the times that as we see are changing

As for what beta testers complain about that is under a nda.Answering some of your questions:1) 3d cockpits seem to be the way of the future2)Beta testers of course don't get manuals3)From what I have read-the p51 is extremely realistic in all aspects of flight. I am not a p51 pilot but a rw pilot with 1000 hours and it feels great to me. Are you a rw p51 pilot?-what do you base your critic on?4) Missing buildings at airports that were there before-I would have no idea why-I don't have that problem. Did you change your scenery complexity level in your display settings?-that would explain it.5) You should have bought the deluxe edition if you wanted those features for that one mission-just as the standard edition of fsx has missing features-would you expect anything different in acceleration?If you continue-please don't dump on the beta testers. Thank you.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest Heimi77

>1) 3d cockpits seem to be the way of the futureMaybe, but until now all aircrafts did come with 2D(and of course panels), and i think that the state of the art is not ready and good enough to do 3D only.>2)Beta testers of course don't get manualsBut customers of the final version should.>3)From what I have read-the p51 is extremely realistic in all>aspects of flight. I am not a p51 pilot but a rw pilot with>1000 hours and it feels great to me. Are you a rw p51>pilot?-what do you base your critic on?No, im an aircraft mechanic.Did you ever fly/taxi with a Taildragger?In reality you don`t need to add full power to maneuver. Just a bit more than ground idle and u can turn easily. >4) Missing buildings at airports that were there before-I>would have no idea why-I don't have that problem. Did you>change your scenery complexity level in your display>settings?-that would explain it.No, and i`m not the only one with that problem, you can read it in many forums.>5) You should have bought the deluxe edition if you wanted>those features for that one mission-just as the standard>edition of fsx has missing features-would you expect anything>different in acceleration?They put in the Maule, but no instruments. So the Maule seems to be a part of Acceleration too, not only Deluxe...>If you continue-please don't dump on the beta testers. Thank>you.That was not my intention, sry if you misunderstood me.I was just wondering why nobody recognized this. That was my first look/impression.

As far as missing airport buildings go, I was missing the terminal buildings at KIND after installing Acceleration. I found that if I went into the scenery library and unticked the entries Acceleration added, exited the sim, restarted it then reticked the library entries that the buildings returned.Hope this helps.

yeha I agree the manuals suck...but, there is a nice forum for the f18 cockpit herehttp://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,4.0.htmland Im still trying to figure out the lighting bug....no vc lights in daytime pointed away from sun

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>>>3)From what I have read-the p51 is extremely realistic in>all>>aspects of flight. I am not a p51 pilot but a rw pilot with>>1000 hours and it feels great to me. Are you a rw p51>>pilot?-what do you base your critic on?>>No, im an aircraft mechanic.>Did you ever fly/taxi with a Taildragger?>In reality you don`t need to add full power to maneuver. Just>a bit more than ground idle and u can turn easily.OK, it's been a long while since I had any time in a P51 so I can't speak to authenticity but I have no problems taxiing either the one in acceleration or the Shockwave P51. For that matter, I have no problem taxiing the Extra either. I use a CH Yoke/rudder.FWIW, I could never taxi the F4U in FS2004 though.I would suspect your hardware settings.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I've often had trouble taxiing the Extra and some other planes, but it seems to be intermittent. It's almost as if the tail wheel isn't making contact with the ground, and the only thing turning the plane is airflow over the rudder.I also occasionally notice planes and ground vehicles bouncing up and down a bit, which could also be explained by the sim not properly figuring out when something is on the ground. Could this be the root cause of the issue?Colin

Any chance you could rewrite this? I've read it several times and can't figure out what you are trying to say or ask? Are you asking any questions? I do understand your second paragraph.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

As someone who almost never flies with the 3d cockpit models in FS-X, I am fairly disappointed at the lack of 2d cockpits in the Accelerando aircraft, esp. the EH-101.ACES, please do not assume that everyone out there will be satisfied with 3d-only cockpits. They don't work at all with multi-monitor setups that attempt to partially emulate split instrument/out-the-window views (as mine does).thanks,Dave BlevinsP.S. if you're wondering, I'm plugging one of my favorite authors (Charles Stross) above, who wrote "Accelerando" a while back and made it available for free download for PalmOS, etc. I couldn't resist taking advantage of the slight misspelling of Acceleration 8^) .

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

It sure is a shame that what the beta testers did complain about is under the nda. It would be real interesting to see a list of what the complaints were and compare the list to what errors or problems were in the end product. That would be GREAT! I can't believe that the beta testers did not catch some of the problems during the testing phase. After saying this I for one am not "dumping" on the beta testers. I am sure they did their job well. I was involved in beta testing several FS programs and all of my comments or complaints were acted on and in the finished product. Regards, Bob.

Guest Heimi77

I got an evidence that they did not complete Acceleration before shipping.Here you can see the keybindings in the kneeboard for the panels, but just GPS works.Please ACES tell us that you will Hotfix that.You can`t fly IFR with the EH-101 because you can`t use radio navigation. It is very limited and hard to adjust and indentificate in 3D VC, and no options to do it in 2D (with panels) panelsr6.jpg

>I got an evidence that they did not complete Acceleration>before shipping.>Here you can see the keybindings in the kneeboard for the>panels, but just GPS works.>Please ACES tell us that you will Hotfix that.>You can`t fly IFR with the EH-101 because you can`t use radio>navigation. It is very limited and hard to adjust and>indentificate in 3D VC, and no options to do it in 2D (with>panels) I'm willing to bet that you've never even explored the new camera view options from the VC View...Hint: Press the A key to cycle through a series of views, one of which gives you better access to the radios... :-roll

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Heimi77

I`m not silly man.Do you do it like that?I`ll tellyou, with 2D Panels i need 2 Seconds for tuning in a new frequency.In the 3D Cockpit, despite the "3D Panels" you need a lot more time. First you have to cycle to it (or move view in 3D VC)then dial it in, which is harder in 3D than in 2D and also worser to see, and then cycle back to normal view.That will last... let`s say 10-15 seconds and it`s more useless work.