Sign in to follow this  

Acceleration = Great Performance BOOST

Guest JETPETER1

I am having a great, noteworthy perf boost on my 2 year old xps gen 2 laptop. I can now run with original autogen, default xml etc., and get a great, smooth steady 21 fps locked all the time, most places, and about 16 to 18 in the seattle region. I can enable car scenery once again, and full terrain mesh, and have no blurries (locking at 21 is a big help I realize on this!) It is simple, the 2nd patch included in acceleration really did a lot to increase autgen perf, and keep frame rate variability down, that is the key is the frame rate variability number, not the average frame rate! For those who don't have it you can include these lines in your fs config file, FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2AverageFrameRate=1,3to display the average and variable frame rates... for tweaking etc.,so thanks to the Aces team, patch 1 did not do much for me and this one really helped bring fsx up to a new level!

Seems to be a boost, but I think ground terrain textures become blurry at a shorter radius than before, maybe a tweak can correct that...

Your laptop wont have a DX10 video card though, and from what I've read its DX10 that gives the performance drop.

>Your laptop wont have a DX10 video card though, and from what>I've read its DX10 that gives the performance drop.I have a DX10 card and have no drop at all under XP BUT it's horrible under Vista with DX10 enabled OR disabled.For now, I've uninstalled FSX under Vista and use XP exclusively.Maybe I'll try again when they get some of the issues addressed.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest stpierce

Seems to me that the people who kept their older hardware and are still running XP got the best bang for the buck with SP2. I, unfortunately, was not one of them. My wallet is $3000.00 lighter and FSX/DX10 is not what I thought it would or could be.

>Seems to me that the people who kept their older hardware and>are still running XP got the best bang for the buck with SP2.>I, unfortunately, was not one of them. My wallet is $3000.00>lighter and FSX/DX10 is not what I thought it would or could>be. As it stand out of the box, I agree with you. The DX10 improvements are "nice", especially if they worked w/o a huge framerate hit but not a reason to buy Vista, IMHO. Eventually, it will be the only game in town and hopefully by then, MS will have it cleaned up.However, the improvements I see under XP and the new stuff in the expansion pack are worth the time.This activation fiasco however is another story.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I purchased Acceleration hoping to reap the DX10 dream and found that it was a no go on my middle of the road 680i, 4gig, 6800 Extreme, 8800 GTX OC'ld system. Bummer! Oh well I was looking for a break in the hobby anyway so I should thank someone because it was high time that I devoted some time to my other avocation - music!nVidia drivers should really rock in a few months. Happy new year!jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

>I purchased Acceleration hoping to reap the DX10 dream and>found that it was a no go on my middle of the road 680i, 4gig,>6800 Extreme, 8800 GTX OC'ld system. Bummer! Oh well I was>looking for a break in the hobby anyway so I should thank>someone because it was high time that I devoted some time to>my other avocation - music!>>nVidia drivers should really rock in a few months. Happy new>year!>>jjaHeh, your hardware is the same as mine and so is your other vocation and I was looking fwd to FSX SP2 DX10 as well, I'll still buy Acceleration once its out here but most likely stay with DX9 and hope it does not break any of my other FSX add-ons, would love to know how Aces saw a 20% frame rate increase in DX10 when everyone else see's a drop of up to 50%, what card and drivers was this on I wonder?I'm not knocking Aces, they make the software that is the bread and butter of this hobby that I love, but unless there is a fix for the problems I see here (DX10 preview wise) they have dropped the ball on this one, and that after a fantastic patch with SP1 ... I was lucky not to suffer the blurries.If Phil is reading this, please don't think its an attack, have the utmost respect for you, but perhaps there should have been more beta testers taken on-board who actually have DX10 hardware and OS's, have read from a beta tester here that there was a shortfall in this area this time around.