Sign in to follow this  
Guest bjablonka

Acceleration - P51 panel unclear

Guest bjablonka

The panel of the P51 is extremely unclear or fuzzy, especially compared to the Extra or even the F18. Does anyone have the same experience or is it just a setup questions on my system? I just got the PMDG 747 and the VC is like a photographic picture, so I don't understand how the P51 can be so unclear.

Guest bjablonka

Thank you for your pictures, mine does not look like this at all. I tried to upload a picture but the size was 188kb which was too large. I will try to figure out on how to bring this down in size.

Guest bjablonka

Actually, I just double checked all panels which came with Acceleration and realize that all of them are very fuzzy. The EXTRA I mentioned before which has great panels came with FSX and not Acceleration.The outside of the planes look very sharp in Acceleration only the panels are bad. Any ideas?

Guest fsxmissionguy

First, here's how to take a screenshot that you can upload on AVSIM:Use your print screen button (not the FSX picture taker). Paste that image into Paint. Crop the image to just show the panel (makes it smaller).Save it as a .jpg (not a .bmp). This will ensure it's small enough to post. When you post it, tick the radio button for .jpg and tick the checkbox e that ensures it's included in the body of your post.When you post it, tell us what video card you are using, and what version of the drivers you are using (this is most likely your problem.)Cheers,Kevin

Guest bjablonka

Thanks Kevin. I have the Nvidia 8800 GTS with the 169.01 driver. I have no problem with any of the other (FSX) aircraft panels only with the one which came with Acceleration. Please see enclosed. Any ideas?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179625.jpg

make sure hi-resolution VC textures are used, and check all texture settings to high, global textures high, aircraft tab to high

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest bjablonka

Thanks Ryan, below is a picture of the PMDG 747 VC, how is it that non-Acceleration panels are clear and Acceleration panels are not clear? Is there a setting for Acceleration panels which I am missing?

Guest fsxmissionguy

Yikes ... I can see why you're a bit concerned.If I am not mistaken, you are using beta drivers. When I searched for the current released driver for the Nvidia 8800 GTS, the version presented to me was 163.71.As I said, I use the GeForce 7950 GX2 (93.81 driver) and have been very pleased with it. Incidently, I stay away from Nvidia beta drivers. I didn't sign up for their beta program, frankly.You may wish to revert to an earlier driver to see if that is the source of your issue.

bjablonka,My P-51 panel is the same. I too have an 8800 GTS. Mine looked like that with the current drivers and the beta drivers. All my other panels are sharp and clear. I'm not really sure what is happening here.Jim

Guest bjablonka

Thank you! I can understand that if all my panels would look as bad the P51/Acceleration panel, that this could have something to do with the beta drivers, but all non-Acceleration panels look great. The problem is with the Acceleration panels. I don't understand what the problem could be. I reinstalled Acceleration several times, but it did not make any difference.

Guest bjablonka

That took care of it. Thanks Phil great tip!