Sign in to follow this  
nudata

External Visual Models "broken apart" After FSX Reload??

I had to reload FSX/SP1. Now all of the stock aircraft models external views show the pieces that make up the model assembly. The confusing thing is that all of my addon aircraft show ok. I would reload the aircraft from the DVD but there is no way to tell which file contains an aircraft.Regards,Dick BoleyA 2.7ghz e4400 PC, a 19" LCD, speakers, CH yoke/pedalshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179567.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

You are missing some textures. To find out which aren't being found, put the following in your fsx.cfg file. When you load the aircraft, you will get a "Message Box" that will tell you which are missing or not found:[sCENERY]// Alert missing objectsMissingLibraryAlert=1ShowMissingTextureAlert=1Once you know which can't be found, copy/paste them into your a/c's texture folder and try again.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I made the FSX.CFG changes and the only missing texture noted was a missing city roof. No aircraft textures. My guess, having never messed with models, was that perhaps the the MDL file was not ok. Therefore, none of the parts were properly positioned and bound.That CFG addition is quite interesting. Where do you find these gems?Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

>I had to reload FSX/SP1. Now all of the stock aircraft models>external views show the pieces that make up the model>assembly. The confusing thing is that all of my addon aircraft>show ok. I would reload the aircraft from the DVD but there is>no way to tell which file contains an aircraft.>>Regards,>Dick Boley>>A 2.7ghz e4400 PC, a 19" LCD, speakers, CH yoke/pedals>This seems to happen to me once in a while. When it does, I ALT out to graphics options, and then choose cancel on the graphics options page to return to FSX. External views then return to normal...not sure what may be the cause of the corruption though.

I tried the Graphics/Cancel tip but no luck. Just did a Repair function with the DVDs but no change. Only the exterior of the aircraft is affected. The virtual and 2D views are ok inside. Flies ok. Clouds, trees, and structures ok as well.I next deleted all of the aircraft from the Airplanes folder. Did a Repair from DVDs. New plane files loaded ok but same issues with exterior textures appearing but not logically connected to from a coherent aircraft.One other note is that the stock aircraft also appear in a dis-jointed condition in the Free Flight preview window.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

When my AI Lear45 loads it loads without the landing gear and some of the engine, door,and speedbrake textures. I did the Alt trick and when it reloads all is OK. I added the "Show missing texture" stuff suggested in this thread to the fsx.cfg but it does not report any missing textures. I sure wish I knew why the textures don't load at first. Regards, Bob.

Fixed the problem. Uninstalled SP1. I had SP1 in before my recent XP crash so I know it works. Will reload tomorrow.Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Well I installed FSX's SP1 update again. The same unfortunate problem appeared. The aircraft exteriors are broken onto pieces or many parts are misplaced. Everything works well without SP1. ?????Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

I have a suspicion it is something to do with the way directXreads and renders the XYZ coordinates of a given model part , they are different in 3DS and Gmax and are automatically adjusted on exported models now , we used to have to adjust for this when using the panda export module and 3DS in fs 9 or the whole plane was on its nose just like that ..but in one pieceAt any rate the problem seems isolated to a few machines and perhaps a non issue after some work from Nvidia

I had the same problem using some of my FS9 Ac is FSX.Just didn't install them.

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.