Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Whats Wrong With AVSIM?

For the last few days the site has been responding extremely slow. I cannot find any explanation as to why this is happening.Any info?Wilbert

I was wondering the same myself. I didn't know if it was my system, or the increased traffic due to the release of Acceleration or what.Thanks for confirming that it may not be my system.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

It's been slow for me too, I figured it was just all of the post Acceleration release traffic.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I don't think it is because of the increased traffic because of Accelerator either. It takes me about 20 to 25 sec to move from one message to another - very annoying.I remember last year or so when PMDG 747 release wrecked Havoc to this site but it wasn't this slow while it was up anyway.Wilbert

Wasn't there a message somewhere , perhaps on the main page about more downloads, unlimited downloads? It was something like that but anyway, ever since then the pages have been S-L-O-W !

IIRC, we had the same slowdown when SP1 was released. I think the site is getting blasted with bost posters AND readers.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

>For the last few days the site has been responding extremely>slow. I cannot find any explanation as to why this is>happening.>>Any info?>>WilbertHere's the PingPlotter response I've been seeing for morethan a week now:Target Name: forums.avsim.net IP: 205.252.249.57 Date/Time: 10/30/2007 12:32:23 1 0 ms [192.168.0.1] 2 8 ms 208-201-241-1.dsl.static.sonic.net [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] 3 9 ms 109.at-4-0-0.gw3.200p-sf.sonic.net [208.106.28.117] 4 11 ms 200.ge-1-2-0.gw2.equinix-sj.sonic.net [64.142.0.210] 5 * [] 6 94 ms 205-252-249-57.pccwglobal.net [205.252.249.57]The 5th hop reports 100% packet loss.Response to clicking on various topics/replies is variable.Occasionally the screen refreshes in a few seconds. Most of the timeit takes 10's of seconds to more than a minute for a new screen toappear. This makes reading the forum here VERY laborious!I posted a question about this in the Forums Help section buthave not received a reply as yet. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest Matt Johnson

Hi all,The slowness I think is a combination of interest in the AVSIM FanCon, and also the usual "hump" in forum traffic we get after a big Microsoft release. :-)I have turned off view counting in the forum software, which should vastly improve matters.For the techy gurus: view counting is implemented in MySQL using "UPDATE

Guest Roymcm

Me, I am what is wrong with avsim.For years I have been gathering my army of miniature albino bunnies in preparation for this day. I have trained them to type out HTTP requests and have had them hitting the avsim servers for several hours. This is but a small demonstration of my power, unless the publishers of avsim send me ONE MILLLLLIIIIION DOLLARS I will be force to unleash the full fury of my Fluffy White Bunny army!Ignore me at your peril!

Ya know...I was going to make a funny reply to Roymcm, but I see it has already "bun" done! :-)bt

When the Scot was asked about his kilt; "Is there anything worn under that?", he responded, "No Maam. Everything is in perfect operating condition". :)Everything here is in perfect operating condition. We are just getting hammered between the Accerlation release, PMDG 747 release and our FANCON traffic. Take a deep breath, think of mutant ninja bunnies (or whatever) and we'll be back up to speed shortly.

>When the Scot was asked about his kilt; "Is there anything>worn under that?", he responded, "No Maam. Everything is in>perfect operating condition". :) LOL!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com