Sign in to follow this  
Reset XPDR

FSX: Acceleration Progressive Taxi not working

Guest paulsharp100

Hi thereI have been a flight simmer since the days of the BBC. I also pilot a real plane on sunny days. On the whole I am very impressed with FSX/FS9 and so on. Like many people my time seems to be spread over fixing and tweaking, flying and getting things to work. I am fortunately as I have the budget to purchase hardware and software as and when. I have the following problem and I am not sure whether this is local to me or others are experiencing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.When I opt for

Guest garwig2

I have this problem too, I believe it is related to the flashing runway textures. For me, the progressive taxi lines become visible if I switch to top-down view (F12) but are otherwise not visible. So I think the lines are there but get buried under the apron textures unless you switch to top-down view.-GarySystem: Intel 3.2 GHz dual cores, 2gig RAM, 8600 GTS OC, Vista Premium, Acceleration

Did the Beta team do ANY flying ? One flight would have caught so many of the problems that are being discovered.

"Did the Beta team do ANY flying ?"LOL, be careful Garrett, comments about beta testers / beta testing don't go down to well around here!!Glenn

hmmmm, Using DX9.0c I CAN see the arrowsYou guys on DX10?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest tcable

I'm also using DX9, and have seen no isues with textures except for the 'designed with the fs9 sdk' stuff. I have an ATI card. It sounds like nVidia has real driver issues with Acceleration. Then again, I've heard lots of complaints about nVidia's drivers for some time- that is compared to ATI, purely anecdotal of course!Overall for me, it's impressive. There is stuff I'd like to see better, but there is a far too much play with video drivers. I have anemic landing/taxi lights. They work, but not like real life! (I have over 200 night hours IRL)Tim

>hmmmm, Using DX9.0c I CAN see the arrows>>You guys on DX10?Same here ok in DX9.

echo

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I thought the FS9 import aircraft issues were only a DX10 thing. If not, and they infect DX9, I may not bother installing Acceleration and SP2 for a while longer yet, at least until more FS9 staple aircraft appear on the FSX scene.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11