Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

This is a sad day....

Hey Mitch-You know this happens after every new release of a flight sim-no matter who makes it..I just went to the fs4 forum-out of 18 posts I saw:sound errorplease help fs9 crashingWilco feelthere airbus (the mods got alerted on this one)no anti-aliasing in fs9fs9 keep minimizingno more aircraft picturesBlurry 2d panels in fs9 with new computerfs9 crashes on loading canadian airportsLooks like about the same number of problems as here-still! :-)I agree though-lets start enjoying! There is much to enjoy!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

And here I thought this was gonna be a "darn my computer died" post.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest griss0m

to be fair to ACES i think FSX was developed and released at a time where we had operating systems changing, XP to Vista and DX9 to DX10.alot of new technology and way different computer specifications across the board! a very turbulent time.i enjoy FSX alot. i think it's a giant leap over FS9. to me it feels like a more refined simulation. i prefer to not state to the decimal point what my framerates are but rather notice if the gameplay is fluid or not, which it is! MY specs: XPSP2AMD X2 44002GIG DDR2 Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S4XFX 7950GT - 512MB DDR3i run SP1 and currently seem to have no issues, i've yet to get SP2 which i will probably download.-Mitch

Yes, but Geofa, those problems could be corrected, and then the user had performance restored or for the first time created. FSX keeps crippling along...even with new hardware being released (vid and cpu) to market. I have been jumping around the different sites today, and most feel that DX10 and Vista are in death spasms...This is amazing!This has not been seen in past forums. Issues got resolved!Mitch

From your lips, to the flight-sim god's ear....Geofa, let's hope so. This is a great and fantastic hobby. I pray for a mind-blowing next release of F.S. One that eradicates the angst created by the present one, and an angst that has had its hold on the flight sim community for so long past its release date.Mitch

Guest MikeMiraglia

Geof,I was just checking out that link in your signature and saw the picture of you in Deming. I was wondering if you happen to frequent there often. I purchased my 337 from a retired Air Force Major out of Holloman in Deming in 1999. -Mike

>to be fair to ACES i think FSX was developed and released at>a time where we had operating systems changing, XP to Vista>and DX9 to DX10.>alot of new technology and way different computer>specifications across the board! a very turbulent time.Yes, but they KNEW this! They really gave me the impression FSX was MADE for Vista and DX10! It was supposed to be the Vista/DX10 showcase. At least, that's how always interpreted the news. And I am not the only one. If they had been surprised by Vista and/or DX10, well, okay, let's be fair to ACES, but I have the impression FSX was started with Vista and DX10 in mind. Still, as I said elsewhere, I enjoy FSX, I haven't played FS9 ever since I bought FSX, but that does not mean I am not disappointed in how things evolved.

Guest Stoopy

Nice post Mitch. I'm sorry that things didn't pan out for you with FSX. Things worked out OK for me but I wasn't counting on DX10 or using Vista. As said above, there's more to it than one ingredient in the mix.And simply put, due to the outright, pure volatility of the topic, for those who are enjoying the new sim, it's still pretty difficult to work up the gumption to post something positive about it because it almost seems inevitable that such a post would be greated with disparaging anti-Microsoft comments, or that you'd be called an "FSX Elitist", "a really excited user" or "Apologist" - names I have seen here in the past, created for and applied to FSX users who speak of having the fun you mention. Or, more recently if one is lucky, it only might degrade to another moot discussion about Crysis or Windlight. So FSX has kinda become an illicit kind of enjoyment, where it must be enjoyed privately behind closed doors, or in the backseat of the family Buick parked out by the lake at night. It's an altogether different scene when flying in a Multiplayer session because everyone there, by necessity, actually owns and enjoys FSX, so the feedback is generally much more amiable....but still, even that kind of illicit enjoyment seems akin to partaking of the "FSX substance" out behind Auto Shop or under the bleachers with your fellow juvenile FSX delinquents. Matter of fact I think I'll listen to some Guess Who when I fly FSX tonight...just modify the lyrics a litte bit:"A smoke-filled room in a corner basement, the situation must be right...a bag of AvGas and a bottle of wine, we're gonna fly to KORS tonight..."[/];)

Guest MikeMiraglia

I couldn't be happier. My 337 was something a long time in the making. I flew an O-2 as a range sweeper at White Sands for six years after transfering from the 46th TG, so a 337 had been my destiny for awhile. I have been negotiating with a gentleman selling an O-2 in AeroTrader, but now I am finding myelf as attached to the 337 as I was the O-2. It just so happens that my wife talked me into getting a digital camera that she found on sale today. Maybe this weekend I will go take some shots for you to look at.

ROFL, OMG! Are you saying we have closet FSX'ers now within our midsts???:-lol "the family Buick"--too funny man!

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Stoopy

Yeah I know...shocking and actually it's rather embarassing for me to admit, but since we're being candid and all.....OK.....here goes.......(takes a deep breath)...sometimes, I....ummmm.....I enjoy flying FSX while.....ummmmm (blushes)......while wearing men's underwear......underneath my clothes of course!;)

It's pure coincidence that the DX10 patch was released at the same time as the 'other' DX10 title (well demo anyway). How can it go so wrong, when its their directx technology anyway?FS always ran slow, but there something has changed in the quality standards. The FS9 patch seemed to work perfectly here. I couldn't remember anyone having a problem with it. Now the testing model has changed and we are left with a slower game and a lot of bugs. Somehow I doubt its the testers fault though.