Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcmckeown

Blurries and contention (round 2)

Guest jcmckeown

Hi Geofa,You suggestion makes a lot of sense; so much that I had thought of this before and always run FSX with the virus checker off. Unfortunately this doesn't help. Even if it were a virus checker issue, then it would also impact RTM, SP1, SP2 in the same way. BTW the files are installed on a RAID0 Raptor array to make sure there are no I/O issues.Rgds,JC

In my case-I was using avast-and I did always run with it "off". However-I found removing it made a huge difference-even when "off" it was somehow still "on". Probably depends on the virus checker you use.It was utx that caused me to discover this-I was having 45 minute loads of fs after installing this program and could not figure out why. Only by unistalling the virus checker, not just turning it off did I get things working again.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest jcmckeown

Interesting, try NOD32, very small footprint and very efficient. AVAST is known to be a bit of a hog...JC

Well, my experience with SP1 was also that I got significantly blurrier textures. Going back to RTM instantly fixed this and gave me sharp, crisp textures again, allthough Autogen now caused a major performance hit instead.Using TileProxy it was even worse - I was getting 30-40 TPS with SP1, and when I removed it, it instantly jumped to 400-800 TPS (!).Something they did in SP1 made the blurries much worse for some people. I wonder if SP2 actually tries to "fix" this, or if they only did optimizations on top of the inefficent SP1-style terrain texture system...

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Beetle

jimmig,while i have not purchased Accel/SP2 i have kept a close eye on this issue, and early reports are that there is no significant change in terms of texture loading between SP1 and SP2. I too had hoped that aces would address this issue, as I like flying low and slow and LOVE TileProxy. As I have stated in other posts, it is downright bizarre that aces still has not even acknowledged this issue between RTM and SP1. I was hoping the reason that they never commented on this was because they might have addressed it in SP2 and did not want to set overly high expectations, but the folks here with the blurries still have them post SP2.I wont bore you with the countless permutations my drivers and cfg files have gone through in search of a solution. But I am finished begging aces for a response to this issue.

Last night I spent about 2.5 hours trying to get burries on my computer-yes I am one that rarely if ever experiences it.After 2.5 hours I was able to get them-fairly consistantly.How?Well I normally fly the sim the way I fly my real plane. I get in, takeoff, climb and land at my destination. I do look out the window from inside all the time with tracker ir and rarely-go to the outside view for a look or a screen shot.Last night-I continually went to the outside views-scrolling thru lots of them-wing views,flyby's, spot etc. I found like slewing-doing this over and over would eventually cause...blurries!So perhaps the reason some of us are not experiencing the blurries is we don't use these view options much, or in rather conservative fashion? Perhaps there is a bug, or it is just a reality, that overuse of the outside views drains the system like slewing and causes blurries?Something maybe to check into-those getting the blurries-I'd be interested if you fly a flight from in the cockpit pretty much if the blurries go away? Does scrolling thru all the view options over and over cause them?http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest jcmckeown

I thought the same thing after the original thread post SP1. Thought there would be something fixed in SP2 but that obviously wasn't the priority.JC

Guest jcmckeown

Christian, I take it you were in Beta testing for SP2. Did you experience any improvement for Tileproxy?JC

Guest Dave65

>JC,>>OK, how about some blasphemy - I have a high-end system>similar to yours and I've never had any blurries. I don't>think it is the CPU, nor the graphics card, nor the settings.>>The only thing that is different from your system to mine is>the amount of memory and maybe the quality of same. Yes, that>goes against all you've heard from gurus and so-called gurus.>>Here's my system:>>EVGA 680i mobo>Intel E6700 CPU>EVGA 8800 Ultra graphics card>4Gb RAM - Corsair (bought in 1Gb matched pairs - not>individually)>2 Sets of RAID 1 disk drives>Liquid cooled CPU>Running FSB @800 to match memory speed - no overclocking>FSX Acceleration w/o DX10 Preview>FSGenesis LC and mesh>Payware aircraft such as PMDG and LVLD>Multiple heavy-duty scenery packages - Mega Airport Budapest,>Zurich, Heathrow, etc.>>I don't know what your situation is but if FSX was my primary>use of my computer I would do the following - purchase 4Gb>Corsair memory and check to ensure your CPU is running specs>with regard to heat. Note: I do not use the 3Gb switch. >Check your BIOS to ensure everything is set to specs.>>It is impossible to match systems and get the same results. >But, if I'm not getting any blurries then I believe you have>hope to eliminate yours. You just need to find the right>combination (probably not settings/tweaks) of components.>>fbI have 4 gigs of Corsair Dominator series,and I have the blurries pretty bad,I have the 6600 CPU @ 3.6 and 8800 GTX-EVGA 680i board.

Well, I'm in the camp of the blurries. Been so after SP1. It is common knowledge on just about all community forums. The blurries are a problem. Yet, Aces has done absolutely nothing to identify the problem. I think that is obvious. My system specs are much the same as posted earlier.EVGA 680i MBE6700 Core 2 Duo clocked at 3.6 Ghz. 4GB of Corsair 6400 DDR2 RAMEVGA 8800GTX GPU2x 500GB SATA HDDsVista 64 UltimateI cannot for the life of me fix the blurries. To make matters worse, SP2 has introduced further bugs/anomolies into my install of FSX on top of the blurries. The exteriror lighting on my aicraft do not appear, flashing textures where taxiways meet runway. Z- fighting. No performance increase over RTM whatsoever. In fact. With RTM, I was getting 85FPS over rural areas. That has since dropped to 35 post SP1 and SP2. And that is with photoscenery loaded and no autogen and no water effects. I am not running AV software on my system. FSX/SP2 installed clean.Now, I thought that I read on the original packaging "works better under DX10 and Vista." Maybe I'm wrong there but I don't think so. And, given the magic screenies that never materialized I believe MS is in the sights of a class action lawsuit for false advertising. You cannot claim that something does something when it does not. PERIOD! My compuer system destroys all other programs. But not FSX. Other DX10 software doesn't flicker on my screen. I am so disgusted with this entire FSX debacle that I can assure you I will not buy FS11 when it is RTM. No way in ####. Not until it's been out for a year so I can see if the problems have been fixed. I've been simming the FS series since it's conception. Those days are over. What I got from MS on this whole deal was a super strong computer that can't run a lousy flightsim with all water effects off, all autogen off and still maintain photoscenery clarity. What a joke. There is no excuse, I could care less if Phil is a nice guy. If you cannot fix the issues then you need to be removed. Period!Now, has Phil or anyone else at Aces taken it upon themselves to build a system using a GTX8800 video card and see what is going on? Probably not! That would make too much sense. Would it be possible to let the community know what drivers you used if you did? There is absolutely NO reason my runways should be flickering in DX10. The GTX8800 cards have been out for a year. You would think that ACES would have tested on them. They must not have because I'm not the only user that has the issue. And, don't even tell me it's a driver issue. ACES has access to the same drivers I do. The problem here is that FSX is junk, unfixable. Either that or incompetence abounds in the ACES studio. The activation issues I have had still pop their ugly heads up from time to time. Last fix for that issue was to create a new profile on my system to activate it there. Nice huh. MS software doesn't even function properly under it's own OS.Flame away please. Until you've spent $3700 on hardware to get a blur show you have no clue what it feels like to be told it is being addressed and then get the shaft. The only thing that will change my opinion is a patch that addresses this bug riddled bloatware. And while I'm at it let me tell you (PHIL) what blows me away. The fact that you cannot change runway textures in FSX without it being a global change. Workaround? Ya, there's a work around. Use the FS2002 SDK to import ground polys to FSX because the FSX SDK sucks! That's just great. Give us 1m per pixel scenery technology (that's a blur fest on my machine) and not allow us to design photoreal runways at airports without possesion of the FS2002 SDK. Am I awake here? Someone at ACES needs to really think about what they are doing. That is just beyond unbelievable. FSX is a complete and utter failure in my case. It has strayed from the course of advancement and is a step backwards in every sense on my system. You call eliminating backwards compatibility moving forward? Here's what I lost, $3700 in hardware, $700.00 in add-ons and for what? Strobe lights that don't appear, flickering runways, blurry photoscenery, cockpit shadows and missions. FS2004 is looking better and better. X-Plane is too........ Sorry for the rant. I just cannot even begin to phathom how this issue was so easily overlooked by the ACES team. As I said. There is absolutely no excuse!

Guest jcmckeown

Thanks for saving me the purchase of more RAM!JC

Guest jcmckeown

Hello Bananimal,You are evidently extremly fustrated and I understand your fustration. The issues I am experiencing are similar and I was secretly hoping for a fix to the blurries caused by SP1 in SP2.The way you voice your concerns to the ACES team may not be the best way to get their attention however.Rgds,JC