Sign in to follow this  
Jadeja

Any Freeware Mesh Available for FS2004?

Hi everyone!

I am a regular player of FS2004 since 2014 and I am still not thinking of upgrading to any other game as it's really near to my heart. But actually my storage disk lost last year and my Mesh files were stored there. I used to use a 70m Mesh which I downloaded previously from Simvation.com which was the only freeware mesh I knew. But now when I go to that site, now I see that I am not able to download any file as the links seem to be dead now. So is there any way possible to get a global freeware mesh for FS2004 at the current moment?

Thank you!

• Upvote 4

I tried a few of the FS2004 mesh files from Simviation and had no issues downloading them.  I got a couple of warnings the files are on an insecure site with the choice to keep them or not.  This is the same message I get when I download files from AVSIM or FlightSim.com. Never had an issue with any of the files I have downloaded in the past from any of these sites.

John C.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

1 hour ago, johncott said:

I tried a few of the FS2004 mesh files from Simviation and had no issues downloading them.  I got a couple of warnings the files are on an insecure site with the choice to keep them or not.  This is the same message I get when I download files from AVSIM or FlightSim.com. Never had an issue with any of the files I have downloaded in the past from any of these sites.

John C.

Rest assured that AVSIM, Simhouthouse, and Flightsim.com are all https:\\ sites meaning secure.  It may be your antivirus program giving a false warning!

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

10 hours ago, johncott said:

I tried a few of the FS2004 mesh files from Simviation and had no issues downloading them. 

I'm sorry but did you download those mesh files recently? Because at the present moment the download doesn't starts only! If you are able to download it now, kindly share me the links...

Thank you!

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, charliearon said:

Rest assured that AVSIM, Simhouthouse, and Flightsim.com are all https:\\ sites meaning secure.  It may be your antivirus program giving a false warning!

Or Microsoft Windows being namby-pamby, as certain versions are rather prone to be with any file it doesn't instantly recognise.

Falsely telling you nearly every file is insecure is about as secure as not telling you at all.

Happy days!

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

2 hours ago, Beardyman said:

i do not see any problem with downloading any file, links are not dead

FS2004 70m Terrain Mesh (simviation.com)

Ah thankfully, now I am able to download the files from this site after using a proxy server...

Thanks everyone for your help, I think the problem was that maybe our government blocked that site which was resolved by using a proxy...

Sorry if I disturbed you guys! 😅

• Upvote 4