Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Vista Ultimate + FSX + Acceleration --> very good performance !

After all the negative posts here my very positive post.Today I got my Acceleration copy from a friend who is a pilot. Last weekend I upgraded my pc from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate.The same time I added 2Gb of memory extra.I tuned Vista for maximum performance ( eg shutting down multiple servces ) Also I have some tools for Vista maintenance so it will keep on running without loosing performance.The clockspeed of my processor I had to set back to 3.4 in Vista compared to 3.6 in XP.But perhaps that was because of the extra memory.After each program I installed I ran Advanced System Optimizer, Registry Mechanic and Diskeeper Pro Premier.For all hardware the latest drivers and from Nvidia the 169.01 beta driver. This evening I installed Acceleration and when applying the DX10 Preview I had 20% more framerates than in DX9c mode.I even have bloom on without loosing any performance.No blurries and the reflection of the sun in the water is breathtaking.Ofcoarse I did not test all missions, but my first impression is that Aces has done quiet a good job.I have built multiple flightsim pc's for other flightsimenthousiats like me and I always could get maximum performance.Yesterday I checked a flightsim pc who was having some troubles ; I ran Regisrty Mechanic and it found 394 errors. A clean pc with the latest drivers and in with Windows in good condition makes all the difference. I have several addons and many programs on my pc but all arranged well. Thank you Phil and your team for FSX and Acceleration !

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

All I can say is, good for you. I run Vista Ultimate, other than the OS and a defrag utility I have no other software installed other than FSX (with acceleration of course). FSX itself is installed on a seperate dedicated drive from the OS.Using FSX Acceleration with DX10 preview enabled I get a minimum of a 20% performance decrease compared to the exact same settings in DX9. Mind you I say 20% minmum because I can go from a locked 30FPS in DX9 to 10FPS in DX10 (with bloom and high water turned off) under the same configuration settings in certain areas.I'm glad to hear it appears to be working good for you. I hope that someone figures out why it's not working for the majority of users.I built this sytem solely for the purpose of running FSX in DX10 and would be lying if I did not say that at this point in time I'm somewhat disappointed and frustrated.At least, for the time being, I have a smooth working FSX under DX9 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a DX10 solution manifests itself sometime in the near future.

Guest Dazzlercee_3

Just received my copy of Acceleration today and I also see a decent increase in performance, again roughly 15-20%. I get the flashing runway textures in DX10 but I have can with them as I can use bloom and water 2.hi and still maintain around 20FPS in most situations. If I take off from La Guardia and turn for New York the frames drop to about 15FPS which is not that bad.I am only running AI aircraft at 10%, with leisure craft at 10% and ships at 15%, no road traffic. Most sliders to the right except scenery at very dense and autogen at dense.System is Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz, 4GB DDR2 (800Mhz), Nvidia 8800GTS with 169.04 beta driver, all running on Vista Home Premium 64 Bit.

What do you get with frames set to unlimited. Even in SP1 my system produced greater performance unlimited than with locked FPS. Unfortunately it was fried from a lightning strike! I haven't decided on what system to replace it with but I'm looking at configurations similar to yours, but with the 8800GT instead of the GTX! Also are you using the 169.01 drivers the O/P is using? I hear that is making the difference for the people claiming performance increases!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Setting the framerate to unlimited does not help what so ever. No, I'm not using the beta drivers atm especially with the other DX10 issues that are not fixed. No reason to possibly corrupt a smooth working DX9.

Imho a fast computer without any Windows and driver issues should be capable of running FSX Sp2.To see if Windows is in good condition runt the trial version of Registry Mechanic.It will not fix all issues, but you will be able to see if there are any.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

>Imho a fast computer without any Windows and driver issues>should be capable of running FSX Sp2.>>To see if Windows is in good condition runt the trial version>of Registry Mechanic.>It will not fix all issues, but you will be able to see if>there are any.>>It's runs just fine with DX9. The only problem is DX10 preview. I have no Windows or driver issues.

Guest j0nx

>>It's runs just fine with DX9. The only problem is DX10>preview. I have no Windows or driver issues.I agree. The problem is not with our machines. It is a dx10 problem. Dx9 runs superb.

You know I am beginning to wonder if there isn't some issue with DX10 installs getting corrupted on some systems.Else how could we explain the varying results people have with DX10?Corrupted DX installs could happen with DX9, so why not DX10?Seems like a logical possibility to me, anyway.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB