Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Acceleration contraction pack

Installed Acceleration Expansion Pack the other day and was most impressed.Loved the F18 (although a basic cockpit manual would have been very helpful), loved the carrier and greatly enjoyed the P51 pylon racing.But....the downside, and it's a big one for me, is that none of my favourite add-on aircraft (Shockwave, Carenado etc) work properly.Exterior textures are fine but the VCs are a disaster, a blurry blue screen is pretty much all I get.So, with much regret, I have been forced to uninstall the much vaunted Acceleration Pack.The unfortunate saga of FSX continues .... one step forward, two back.

Guest j0nx

Yikes, i only get that beahvior if i am running in dx10. All of my addons still work after the xpack in dx9. Were you running in dx10 preview mode?

Sorry, don't know what mode I was running in.Just installed the Acceleration Pack as per the instructions and left it at that.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Frank,You may also wish to check your Global Texture Resolution ... and ensure it is set to Very High. Also, which video card are you using (and driver version)?

Apologies for the delay in this response.I'm running WinXP and using an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512mb video card, driver version 8.33.0.0Global texture resolution is set to very high.Is there some sort of "work around" in which I can get my add on aircraft to function properly with FSX Acceleration?If not I guess I just blew some dosh on a flawed product.

Think I spoke too soon.Have been to the website where there are "solutions" to some of these issues.As someone with very limited computer skills they look beyond my level of expertise.Why does Mr Taylor and his mates attempt to fix one set of problems only to create others?Do they take some sort of perverse pleasure in making old buggers like myself scream with frustration?Perhaps they could include a kamikaze mission in their next update to FSX and then we could put ourselves out of our misery.

Oddly enough it's called progress. They are weening the FS series from backwards compatability.I know the Digital Aviation D0-27 has one already, not sure about Carenado, shockwave or FSD although I believe they are working on one.