Sign in to follow this  
helberger

Bijan's Seasons

18 hours ago, captainbluesky said:

I thought of that before my posting here. Yes I know it is spring in New Zealand. I set the date to April 2023 in FS2020, no effect on tree colours whatsoever.

(deleted)

Edited by cobalt

I tried an autumn Bijan season at EGKK and LFSB (instead of NZWN) and multiple autumn tree colours appear successfully.

I am not sure why the season colours do not work in New Zealand. Bijan is looking into this. I have followed the install guidance i.e. no tree mods etc.

If anyone has any ideas why this might be let me know please.

Version 7.3 of the 4 season pack has just been released.

Vendor upload date: 2023-11-23 02:29:46

1- Updates, improvements and fixes for various parts of the world.

2- Custom Spring blossom trees added in San Francisco and Seattle areas. 

PS. More updates and new packages will be available within the next few days from simmarket.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 11/6/2023 at 11:16 AM, captainbluesky said:

I thought of that before my posting here. Yes I know it is spring in New Zealand. I set the date to April 2023 in FS2020, no effect on tree colours whatsoever.

That's actually about right. There aren't a lot of trees in Wellington that change colour and lose their leaves in autumn. 

Is anyone having problems with the v7.3 file extraction?

I downloaded it, renamed it to .zip on the end per the instructions, right clicked on the file and get no option to 'Open with' i.e. to choose a Zip file application to extract the files, Choosing 'Open' a message says 'This app can't run on your PC'.

1 hour ago, captainbluesky said:

I downloaded it, renamed it to .zip on the end per the instructions, right clicked on the file and get no option to 'Open with' i.e. to choose a Zip file application to extract the files, Choosing 'Open' a message says 'This app can't run on your PC'.

I have the same issue.

1 hour ago, captainbluesky said:

No problems here.

I use the freeware zip program 7zip.

With it, you can right click on any zipped folder and extract to a new unzipped folder of the same name. From there you can install, run, copy, modify, etc. all the files to your heart's content.

An example:

spacer.png

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

No problems here.

I use the freeware zip program 7zip.

With it, you can right click on any zipped folder and extract to a new unzipped folder of the same name. From there you can install, run, copy, modify, etc. all the files to your heart's content.

An example:

spacer.png

Problem solved - I just downloaded and installed this 7-Zip and the file extraction works fine now. I think my old Zip program had a problem and did not appear anymore for some reason.

Thanks for your advice and resolution.

• Like 1

I have been using Rex Accuseasons for a couple of years. I’ve been happy with the simple user interface. 

I just tried the new four seasons 7.3 update and am very impressed.  The terrain masking appears more natural than the Rex Product.  One thing I don’t like about Accuseasons are the autumn trees which are too brightly coloured. Bijans autumn trees look much better to me.

Glad it was updated to get on my radar again!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I have been using Rex Accuseasons for a couple of years. I’ve been happy with the simple user interface. 

I just tried the new four seasons 7.3 update and am very impressed.  The terrain masking appears more natural than the Rex Product.  One thing I don’t like about Accuseasons are the autumn trees which are too brightly coloured. Bijans autumn trees look much better to me.

Glad it was updated to get on my radar again!

I tried Bijan's trees after reading your post, and while they look good, I did notice the issue with terrain masking where you can see color changes in tiles. I decided to go back with REX for now, but I'm glad Bijan is back at it.

FYI: I also felt the same way about the colors of the trees in REX, but then I remembered I hadn't tried "cool" colors. Swapped over to that, and they look much better.

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

I never bother with terrain masks...for such reasons.

The base mod is great without terrain masks...

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2