Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

random horrible perf on accel planes

I get random horrible performance with the new Acceleration planes....It's weird, things will be fine, say 15FPS in VC of either 3 planes, then next moment, I'm getting like 2 FPS in the VC...And the even weirder (is that a word) thing is that if I switch to external view, my FPS go back to normal... LOL!!What could be going on here?Ideas?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yikes, that sucks. Any programs running outside of FS like Itunes or windows updates maybe? Anti virus?What about AI traffic? Are you nearing a large city area?Strange that it comes back after switching views but I have had Itunes begin downloading and kill my frame rates temporarily.Anyway, tough one.

thats the other weird thing - noright now all I have running is my HP scan wizard and volume controlMemstatus shows nothing out of the ordinary...nvidia monitors shows normal temps for system and GPU...As soon as a switch to external view the FPS are normal...15, 20 whatever....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

When you switch back to the VC do the fps normalize or drop back down again?I haven't noticed this at all but will keep an eye out. Has this been happening since installing Accel or just cropped up recently? Any changes to your system lately that you can think of? Drivers etc...

only happening since Acceloh, if you switch back to VC then usually are still low.... but sometimes, like tonight, they stayd at like 2.5 for 5 secs, then went back to normal...It's almost like mega stutters lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Well, the only thing I can think of in my limited knowledge of this quagmire of technology is to to try lowering the global textures a notch or two to see if that helps.The problem is though, since it's just happening with Acceleration that throws a wrench in any ideas I can think off. I would say your video card is on the older side but if this doesn't happen with any other aircraft then something is amiss with your system and acceleration or SP2.

ill try but somehow I see that not helping heheI was hoping for programming error, but since no one else has it...must be on my end..... *cries*lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

>I get random horrible performance with the new Acceleration>planes....>>It's weird, things will be fine, say 15FPS in VC of either 3>planes, then next moment, I'm getting like 2 FPS in the VC...>>And the even weirder (is that a word) thing is that if I>switch to external view, my FPS go back to normal... LOL!!>>What could be going on here?>>Ideas?Check your system swap size; and it should be permanent too.Check disk space. Run defrag.Maybe even run a full system antivirus scan.

#1 and #3 check!Havent defragged since Acceleration....doubt that will fix it, I'll try tonight...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

more testing....seems to be most noticeable in the first 0-10 min of starting/playing FSXIt almost seems like a gauge problem....Here's two shots, same location, I didn't move the helo, I just kept switching views....cycling them over and over....At 9:30pm I was getting 2.5, 1 min later, you can see the 14ish FPSIt's sooooo weird! ARGH!It could be the rendering....my card is older, could be the gauges....turning hi-res VC off *seemed* to help....not sure thoughI think it happens mostly with the EH-101...anyone know who programmed the gauges for it?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179769.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179770.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |