Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

Unable to view/rotate/preview addon aircraft

Guest 499DRJustin

You know the screen where you can zoom, rotate, and tilt the aircraft before choosing it to fly? Anytime I choose an addon aircraft, the model loads, but when it attempts to load the paint, it just goes to a white window. Clicking FLY NOW is fine and everything works normally with the addon plane.It seems as if it's having a problem loading the textures in that preview window. I tried a repair, and reinstall of SP1, didn't work. Is there a cfg or somethign I can delete and have FSX generate a new one? What's happening here?

This is probably a driver issue; have you just 'upgraded' your video card drivers? If so, you may have to revert to an older driver to resolve this.

Ken

Guest 499DRJustin

>This is probably a driver issue; have you just 'upgraded'>your video card drivers? If so, you may have to revert to an>older driver to resolve this.I haven't upgraded recently. I'll try an uninstall, install of the drivers and see if that works.

It's a problem with AA and AF when AA/AF is set on the driver to certain values that are not supported in the preview window. I have had that happen many times in FS9, but do not recall the issue with FSX.Pat