Sign in to follow this  
UKflyer

Orbx TE GB announced for XP12

X-plane’s lighting engine makes that scenery look really good. 

• Like 3

Chris

Very nice. Might be time for me to move my flying from Canada to GB. Thanks for sharing the news. 

• Like 1

So free upgrade, paid, full price?

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 hours ago, Sethos said:

So free upgrade, paid, full price?

I'm not expecting free and I'm hoping it won't be full price...

• Like 2

The TrueEarth series is so amazing! I am a big fan! I hope there will be future new places... I like this ! And as written above, with the X-plane lighting engine it is the perfect balance of a successful overall visual atmosphere.The greatest weakness of X Plane is the lack of a plausible world. 

• Like 6

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, filou said:

The TrueEarth series is so amazing! I am a big fan! I hope there will be future new places... I like this ! And as written above, with the X-plane lighting engine it is the perfect balance of a successful overall visual atmosphere.The greatest weakness of X Plane is the lack of a plausible world. 

I agree. The lighting engine of Xplane coupled with TE is going to be mind-blowing. I hope Orbx can come out with some Global solution for Xplane 12.

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

45 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

I hope Orbx can come out with some Global solution for Xplane 12.

So do I but I suspect I'd need a new hard drive to load it all! 

If ORBX offered a revamped global scenery for XP12 (procedural, not ortho), they'd never have to worry about money ever again.

• Like 3

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

If ORBX offered a revamped global scenery for XP12 (procedural, not ortho), they'd never have to worry about money ever again.

Completely agree with this and it would be a very good way to initiate an evolution in this area and increase instantaneous XP12 popularity.

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

11 hours ago, Bjoern said:

I'm not sure about the "money ever again" part. I'm a fan of X-Plane like many here, but trying to compete against the giant that is MS and their vast resources, Bing, AI etc is not going to make someone millions any time soon... but who knows!!. MisterX has this ambitious goal

I'm sure if ORBX see a good uptake in interest for X-Plane 12 with TE GB , then I don't see why they wouldn't want to make more products :biggrin:

5 hours ago, tonywob said:

I'm not sure about the "money ever again" part. I'm a fan of X-Plane like many here, but trying to compete against the giant that is MS and their vast resources, Bing, AI etc is not going to make someone millions any time soon... but who knows!!. MisterX has this ambitious goal

I'm sure if ORBX see a good uptake in interest for X-Plane 12 with TE GB , then I don't see why they wouldn't want to make more products :biggrin:

In any case, one day or another, there will have to be something new that comes out in this area with or without orbx even if I hope it will be a continuation of the orbx TrueEarth series. I would even say that it is essential for XP to continue to interest simmers against the giant of MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, filou said:

In any case, one day or another, there will have to be something new that comes out in this area with or without orbx even if I hope it will be a continuation of the orbx TrueEarth series. I would even say that it is essential for XP to continue to interest simmers against the giant of MSFS.

New video of Austin saying they’re working on next gen scenery and graphics, whatever that is? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 1