Sign in to follow this  
sipos

What ARE the DX-10 features being seen??

Friends,In my extremely short experience with Acceleration, I saw the Virtual cockpit shadows in the MS airplanes. I have read something about "white caps" on the water.Because of innumerable conflicts (evidently with my numerous addons)and a wheelbarrow load of obvious graphic issues... I quickly did a system restore as Phil said was possible. I am considering uninstalling everything (hours of work) and reinstalling one by one... until issues occur. BUT I'm trying to decide if it is worth it for me to 1)have DX-10 and 2)to have SP-2 DX-9.Could a few of you PLEASE list any other features you ARE noticing... those of you who are having a positive DX-10 experience. Not the conflicts and bad points... But what enhancements ARE being noticed?Thanks and have a nice day!SteveI'm using an E6700 at 3.6. NVidia EVGA MB, 8800GTX, Vista 32bit

Guest stpierce

The whitecaps look good with water turned up to 2 mid or higher on a windy day and I still think the head lights and tail lights are brighter from the traffic on freeways. They seem to stand out more. The VC shadows are nice, just wish the jaggies could be smoothed out a little more. The sim runs more smoothly, even at low framerates. I can lock my framerate at 22fps and still get very good performance. I was never able to do that before SP2. Haven't noticed much more than this. I am able to run VoxATC with 40% AI traffic now without stutters. Steve

The lighting is also alot better in DX-10. The HDR reflections are really cool. They are even cooler on the water.But I get weird texture problems with DX10 (I actually figured out how to get the same performance with it as DX9) with runways flashing and my WOI planes being all white even close up. These things go away in DX9 SP2 mode.

Can't say much more than has already been said.The bloom in DX10 to me seems brighter, the world seems brighter in sunlight, others differ here.Landing lights are brighter at least the aircraft I've flown.Shadows are a nice effect, hopefully the jagged issue will get resolved by drivers?Using bloom takes literally no hit although the water on my system effects frames in a detrimental fashion irregardless of bloom or not.The whitecaps are a really nice feature, subtle but you can tell when surface winds have picked up that's for sure. You can see the effects by turning up the surface winds up to 200mph.Overall, despite the issues, the lighting to me just seems more realistic, almost blinding as it should be especially at specific angles.

>Using bloom takes literally no hit although the water on my>system effects frames in a detrimental fashion irregardless of>bloom or not.Bloom halves my fps... Around Bergen, Norway, I get 15 to 20 fps: when I turn bloom on it drops to 7 - 8... That's with DX10. Maybe I should deinstall and reinstall everything once more...

How are you getting that good of frame rates with VC shadows enabled? My frame rate crawls when i have that box checked. Without it i get realy good performance (25fps). I check it and BOOM - my frame rates go to about 6-10. Is something wrong with my setup?

Bloom and 2x water doesn't do a thing to my computer when in DX10 mode. The VC shadows though - that a different story.

Yes, very odd. Are you sure you have "aircraft cast shadow on it's self" checked under aircraft in display settings? Because my frame rates get destroyed when it's checked. wierd???

Yes, can see them in flight as well. I can fly with bloom and the shadows without a hit, but if I fly with 2xhigh water, my frames plummet, with or without bloom on.Now I'm wondering if shadows are causing any drop, I'll have to see, but it doesn't feel like it, no difference when they come in to view.

Ok, I figured it out. I get extreamly bad perfomamce with the cockpit shadows when using MAGA Scenery California. When flying anywhere else cockpit shadows don't effect performance at all. I don't know whats going on here? But it's wierd.