Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

Carrier locations in Acceleration

Guest JIMJAM

OK, I found a list of the carrier locations in FSX/ACCEL.Honolulu: N21 13 W157 54Norfolk: N36 58 W075 29Boca Raton: N26 23 W079 58Seattle: N48 10 W123 02San Francisco: N37 52 W122 43San Diego: N32 38 W117 12I can find the ones near San diego but none of the others.Ive turned both ships and pleasure boats slider to full.I cannot find any others. I go to the gps and move the plane around to match up the lat long.No joy.I am also one of those with menu crashes and what nots so can someone verify these locations?Thanks, Jim

As far as I know, they are AI and as such MOVE. Those co-ordinates are for a specific time and date. There is a post from one of the ACES team which provides all the info, I'll have to try and find it. Bob...

>OK, I found a list of the carrier locations in FSX/ACCEL.>>>Honolulu: N21 13 W157 54>Norfolk: N36 58 W075 29>Boca Raton: N26 23 W079 58>Seattle: N48 10 W123 02>San Francisco: N37 52 W122 43>San Diego: N32 38 W117 12>I can find the ones near San diego but none of the others.>Ive turned both ships and pleasure boats slider to full.>I cannot find any others. I go to the gps and move the plane>around to match up the lat long.No joy.>I am also one of those with menu crashes and what nots so can>someone verify these locations?>Thanks, JimGo to the library here and get "aicarriers1.zip" and "aicarriers2.zip" and you'll have more CVN's sailing around your FSX world than you willprobably ever use.If you just download "aicarriers2.zip" you can have a fleet, oneof several multi-ship configurations selected from the menu barwhile inflight, positioned at the current location of your aircraft.You can control the course of the fleet throught the drop-downmenu and proceed to trap/launch from the CVN(s) to your heartscontent. This package saves you from having to hunt down a fleet since youcan have one sailing along wherever you happen to be. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest JIMJAM

Thanks for the replies.I did find out something.Make the time 12.30 summer and you will have 2 carriers right out of Norfolk. Take off towards the ocean, look right and both are docked. One has a deck full of planes and the other has a clean deck. Thats the one that has full takeoff and arresting capabilty.

Guest islandjet

Downloaded and ran aicarriers2.zip. AWESOME addon. I landed an EH-101 on the deck.The hard deck carriers don't seem to be visible in the replays though.-ij

Guest fsxmissionguy

Has anyone been able to locate the schedule for any of the other fleets? I found the Norfolk one, with a little luck and a hint, but haven't been able to pin down the schedules of the other ones. I'd love to fly the Hawaii one.Cheers,Kevin

Yeah, it's really disappointing how limited MS made the carriers.

Guest fsxmissionguy

If I'm not mistaken, carriers almost didn't even make it into Acceleration (see Paul Lange's blog here http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/archi...bit-chatty.aspx for more detail on that issue).So, even though carrier advancements (like animated cables, etc.) will have to wait until FS11, I'm sure glad they were able to squeeze them into Acceleration.I'm not sure why, probably the "little boy wanting to be a fighter pilot" in me, but I get such a sense of accomplishment knowing that (in a simulator at least) I can do something most people only dream of.

>Has anyone been able to locate the schedule for any of the>other fleets? I found the Norfolk one, with a little luck and>a hint, but haven't been able to pin down the schedules of the>other ones. I'd love to fly the Hawaii one.>>Cheers,>KevinWhy bother with schedules? Just download "aicarriers2r2.zip" from the library here and you can have carriers anywhere youhappen to be when overwater.A dropdown menu lets you select a variety of fleet configurationsand place the fleet under you or 5 or 10 miles in front.You can then change the fleets course through the menu in needed.Another alternative is to go to the aicarriers authors site andget his "AI Boat Utility". With that you can create your own shippingand define the sailing routes using Google Earth.There is absolutely no need to go searching for the default M$carriers.BTW, all the above carriers are the moving, FSX SP2 variety ifyou have Accelleration installed. Paul

Wide-5.jpg