Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

BeyondATC Traffic Injection first look

Impressive.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I'm very dubious that it will be more FPS friendly than AIG or FSLTL where the sim drives the AI Traffic. I understand that PSX Traffic injects AI Traffic directly into the sim and the FPS hit with that software is greater than AIG or FSLTL.

Perhaps Beyond ATC has found a far more efficient way of injecting traffic....

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

2 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

I understand that PSX Traffic injects AI Traffic directly into the sim and the FPS hit with that software is greater than AIG or FSLTL.

It's not the software, it's down to people running PSXTraffic with greater numbers of AI aircraft injected into the sim than the other tools are typically set up to inject.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

It's not the software, it's down to people running PSXTraffic with greater numbers of AI aircraft injected into the sim than the other tools are typically set up to inject.

Respectfully disagree. I've tested this adnausiaum over the years. The same number of AI models in the sim with either AIG or PSXT (using the same AIG models) always results in a higher CPU usage when using PSXT. 

If I park myself at EGLL and load up PSXT with a radius of 8nm I'll often pull in 70-80 aircraft including statics. Doing the same with AIG and limiting the number via AICompanion or AIG TC itself to the same number gives me a 5-8ms improvement in CPU time. 

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

12 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Perhaps Beyond ATC has found a far more efficient way of injecting traffic...

For starters, they hired the guy that wrote FSLTL to write their injection engine, so I think that is likely.

25 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Impressive.

It really is!

We'll know that the future has finally arrived when BeyondATC can manage AI on the ground, arriving and departing aircraft at the user arrival/departure airport and deconflict traffic to/from other nearby airports like this:
No pressure guys! 😆

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

For starters, they hired the guy that wrote FSLTL to write their injection engine, so I think that is likely.

Except FSLTL also delegates nearly everything to the sim's own built in AI system. So I'm not sure how you're drawing that conclusion.

Edited by Tuskin38

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

Except FSLTL also delegates everything to the sim's own AI system. So I'm not sure how you're drawing that conclusion.

I meant he likely had the skill set to sort out how to do it in BATC. Not a 1:1 comparison, naturally.

I’ve been pumped about BATC for months and now I am even more. Let’s gooooooooo! Whatever time this takes, I don’t care, just get it right! 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Wow - this is coming along very well!

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I'm new with this topic around this ATC-traffic tool..will the traffic injection be based on Flightradar24 live data or it will just inject his own random traffic unaware of real-life traffic, can someone orientate me?

1 hour ago, KL Oo said:

I'm very dubious that it will be more FPS friendly than AIG or FSLTL where the sim drives the AI Traffic. I understand that PSX Traffic injects AI Traffic directly into the sim and the FPS hit with that software is greater than AIG or FSLTL.

Perhaps Beyond ATC has found a far more efficient way of injecting traffic....

That has not been my experience.  I use the AIG and FSLTL models with PSX Traffic and I get FPS that those models provide.  With the tweaks Asobo has been making lately my FPS have been great and that's with 60+ % planes at major airports and lots of addons. 

Even the busiest airports I can get over 40fps and easily 70+ fps with cap at 72fps in air. 

Edited by knich

Question - did they ever say anything about controlling AI’s and user aircraft speeds so that the traffic is properly sequenced on final avoiding go arounds? 
if they implemented the “reduce speed” commands into the logic that would be huge! 

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

51 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Question - did they ever say anything about controlling AI’s and user aircraft speeds so that the traffic is properly sequenced on final avoiding go arounds? 
if they implemented the “reduce speed” commands into the logic that would be huge! 

He said only focused on ground at this point