Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Can I have my VC lights back please?

Lost the ability to turn on VC lights in daytime hours with Acceleration....Any way to get them back?Thanks

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've noticed this and briefly mentioned it in another thread but no responses. This is with some default aircraft, like the Maule. Some seem to work. I'm not sure which do and which do not as I have not had a chance to use FSX in the last few days.Anybody else notice this?Randall

I haven't tested this myself, but, as I noted in another thread, and perhaps this has nothing to do with what you are asking for, but...In going through the changes to aircraft.cfg files for the default aircraft, I noticed that in the section, all of the "...vclight" lines have been commented out for most of the planes (I think the mooney and cub are the exception). Does uncommenting these lines help your situation?Why were these lines commented out?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I have a theory (and only that):Ryan-as a rw pilot you know that the "vc lighting" is incredibly fake. Cockpit lighting usually consists of posts over the instruments and internally lit instruments-but the whole panel doesn't "light up" as vc lighting implements it-a pilot would lose his night vision if this was so. In fact in my plane we take pains to make sure the lighting is off in the day time-as you can't see it! Therefore if it is left on it is needlessly burning down bulbs etc., and providing nothing.I flew quite a while in the fsx Baron last night-the vc lighting still works on it. Like you-I usually turn in on in the day (and turn it off at night as it is blinding!) as the cockpit tends to be a little dull in the day and vc lighting brightens it up.I believe that acceleration has made improvements-and when there are improvements there is transition. The cockpits of the new aircraft are readable in the day without the vc lighting now-and we now have the feature of cockpit shadows. I would think that rendering these cockpit shadows is probably incompatable with vc lighting as it was implemented-therefore why it has been taken out of those new aircraft that support this.I could be wrong as it is only a theory-but it makes sense to me.As far as "tested"-think of it as a numbers game. If there was no beta testing-the handful of programmers would only test. Taking it to a larger market would probably reveal lots of problems as there would be exposure to a much bigger pool of testers.Same logic works with a beta team-although larger than the programmers themselves-still a relatively small number vs. a worldwide market with millions of permutations of systems, usage etc.I'll bet our operating systems had vastly a larger number of beta testers than fs did-yet they seem to need to be patched on a weekly basis......http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

oh thank you, I missed that part....I spose the commented-out code has to do with DX10 or something, the VC shadows. It wouldnt be too hard to code it like this:If dx10preview.button = trueThen acft XYZ's vclights.enabled = falseElseXYZ's vclights.enabled = trueetc....They must have missed that part heheYeah in the real plane I can actually see the gauges with the sun to the side...its hard on the 19in monitor with low light....Anyway, thanks for the tip guys!edit: argh, where is the lights for the P51????

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just to note, the shadows work fine with the VC lights on, at least in the Maule and the 172 default aircraft.

do you know where the P51 LIGHTS section is? I cannot find it

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

>do you know where the P51 LIGHTS section is? I cannot find>itCopy-paste from another aircraft.cfg file! Experiment and do it yourself... ;)BTW, .cfg files cannot use "if - then - else" conditional logic. They aren't programs after all, they're just raw ASCII data. :-lol

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

hehe....experimenting muwhahha!Better back things up lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ok, looking in the Special Effects tool section of the SDK, I cannot find something like intensity, or brightness.... The only thing I found is Emitter.0 then Lifetime, .5, .5I'm thinking a lower lifetime value here?Any help editing the fx_vclight.fx ?Thanksedit: oops heres the reference post:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=421816&page=2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |