Sign in to follow this  
Guest kd001

Acceleration hasn't worked for me.

Guest kd001

Sorry for the negative post. I bought acceleration today. (only got released here yesterday). Those of you who have read my previous posts will know that from day 1, without any tweaks, I was very happy with FSX+SP1 - no blurries, no stutters, minimum 20FPS, more than 25FPS at most times. However, after acceleration my frame rates are between 10 and 20 and I am getting microstutters. I also got an out of memory error for the firt time ever. All this with exactly the same settings and DX9 (DX10 was worse). Its a shame because the contents of Acceleration really did appeal to me. Windows Vista 32bit, 8800GTX, 2GB memory, QX6700 at 2.66GHz

Guest kd001

I have no add-ons/modules. I've tried a lot of different scenarios and in all cases the performance was worse. Uninstalling Acce;eration brought everything back to normal. My drivers are quite old (158.24). But they were the best for me as far as FSX was concerned and I doubt updating the driver will improve performance. I might try updating when I have the time.

Make sure you have anistropic flitering enabled and try unchecking the anti-aliasing. When I unchecked the anti-aliasing my performance increased. It doesn't work if you have it checked anyways. Also try going into full screen mode. that helped my performace aswell.

Guest firehawk44

"My drivers are quite old (158.24)."Update your video drivers. NVIDIA fixed the out of memory/display driver has stopped responding and has restarted again error messages. That will fix some of your problems but not all. Make sure you properly uninstall your display drivers. I am getting good performance w/Acceleration but I'm having some texture flashing at airports (runways/taxiways). I'm tweaking my settings to see if I can fix this problem (plus reading issues reported on AVSIM).Best regards,Jim

Guest kd001

I had no luck with the latest Nvidia drivers either. For every setup I tried FSX+SP1 always gives better performance than Acceleration. I'm pretty sure its because of SP2 but why something that was designed to improve the way the game runs actually makes it worse is beyond me. I can't think where I'm going wrong but obviously something isn't right.

Guest YukonPete

Disable DX10 preview! My Frames dropped after I installed acceleration but its not a problem with SP2. Its a problem with the Nvidia drivers! I now get up to 110fps in defult aircraft after following a few maintenance tips from David Roch post. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchBefore I was getting around 60fps in defualt aircraft. The Level-D 767 I get 50+fps at Alt and 30+fps on the ground. The PMDG747 I get 30+fps at Alt and 20+fps on the ground with all my display setting high. Here is some screen shots of my sim running an acceleration mission. My FPS are in the Yellow. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=265824&page=

Guest kd001

DX10 is disabled anyway. And I don't think maintenance is a solution either. Because if maintenance did have an effect it would improve the performance of the PC in general and SP1 would still give better performance than SP2. I just wish there was a way of installing Acceleration without SP2.