Sign in to follow this  
Palebushman

Standalone SP2

This might have been asked somewhere else and I probably missed it :Are there any plans to release a standalone SP2 ? I don't really want to buy Acceleration. I feel like I am paying them to fix what should have already been fixed in SP1.. :-(Thanks

SP2 will be released as a download before December 22 2007. It is finished already, of course, but they want to sell a few copies of Acceleration first, I guess. I wouldn't count on it being released a long time before that date.

>This might have been asked somewhere else and I probably>missed it :>>Are there any plans to release a standalone SP2 ? >>I don't really want to buy Acceleration. I feel like I am>paying them to fix what should have already been fixed in>SP1.. :-(>>ThanksRead this for a more accurate answer.http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...ay-factors.aspx

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Thanks folks. That answers my question. I will wait for it whenever it is released. I fly FS9 anyway as my 3.4 GHZ i945D CPU / 3 GB PC3200 / ATIx850 256 MB simply does not provide the performance I am happy with. Hopefully ACES will make the boys at FlyTampa and other scenery builders something they can work with.

>SP2 will be released as a download before December 22 2007.>It is finished already, of course, but they want to sell a few>copies of Acceleration first, I guess. I wouldn't count on it>being released a long time before that date. Hummm....I find this statement on Phil Taylors blograther interesting:"And do note, by putting SP2 into Acceleration we got additional test coverage on SP2. So not having SP2 in Acceleration would actually delay SP2 even more since a larger test pass would be required"So, those claiming that ACES is using the general public as"testers" may not be that far from the truth....But then that begs the question, is SP2 that was released withAccelleration the "final" version and the "last update" for FSX? Paul

Wide-5.jpg

>Hummm....I find this statement on Phil Taylors blog>rather interesting:>>"And do note, by putting SP2 into Acceleration we got>additional test coverage on SP2. So not having SP2 in>Acceleration would actually delay SP2 even more since a larger>test pass would be required">>So, those claiming that ACES is using the general public as>"testers" may not be that far from the truth....>>But then that begs the question, is SP2 that was released>with Accelleration the "final" version and the "last update" for>FSX?This was just discussed and dismissed a few days ago. You are (perhaps deliberately) mis-parsing Phil's clearly written sentence in order to make yet another disinformation post.The "test pass" Phil refers to is that which is done "in house."Premise #1: Acceleration requires SP2 support for new featuresPremise #2: SP2 requires testing to confirm features workPremise #3: SP2 can not be tested without SP2 specific contentTherefore: Acceleration and SP2 can be tested togetherObviously, had ACES only worked on SP2, they would still have had to build new content in order to test it, therefore increasing both time required and cost.It's truly not that complicated to understand, once the "emotional quotient" is removed from the syllogism... :-kewl

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

so its not so that they increase their sales for a relatively sub-par addon - with those that don't want to wait for SP2 ....Mark.

>so its not so that they increase their sales for a relatively>sub-par addon - with those that don't want to wait for SP2>....>>Mark.For $20-$30, Acceleration cannot be considered a "sub-par" addon. The F-18 and the carrier ops by themselves make it worth it, let alone the missions, the P-51 and the EH-101.

:-cool Hi Bill,This SP2 seems to be confusing to some, but the way I read Phil's blog, gives me the impression that those who purchase the new 'Acceleration Expansion Pack' for FSX, also get SP2 included within it. Those who do not wish to purchase 'Acceleration Expansion Pack' for FSX, but want to have the 'Free SP2 Download' when it becomes available as a 'Standalone' application. They, will have to wait until it's released as such, sometime in the very near future, December I believe.Meanwhile, I have to say that my purchase and installation of 'Acceleration Expansion Pack' for FSX is absobloodlylutely awesome! And do please keep your wonderful comments on this forum flowing, they are great for my 'chuckle-muscles' and also very 'Mind-Expanding' when one like myself, gets a little confused by some of the perplexing and vexatious posts that are placed here in the AVSIM Forum.:-eek