Sign in to follow this  
Bunchy

Bing Maps Down?

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

No it isn't, it rarely happens.

Well yeah, because it's a server issue, not an issue with the sim itself.

There is a new FS20 users category, the Catch 22 guys: "if you can start the sim, it cannot be broken, but you can't fly it because it's a sim"

• Like 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

I'm late for the party! LOL When I  finished my flight yesterday everything still working fine . I've read about outtage early in the morning, and then went to work. Now I'm back home, jsut fired MSFS everything works again! LOL Oh aghh I missed so much drama! LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

19 minutes ago, Tork_Curve said:

I'm tempted,are there any drawback to this?

No Photogrammetry, no colour corrected aerials.

41 minutes ago, Tork_Curve said:

I'm tempted,are there any drawback to this?

Yes. I posted some problems you see on water when using that mod here, but you can see different colored squares over terrain too. It depends on where you fly, there are places where it is ok, but in many places it isn't.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Drawbacks, some, but countered with many positives - much more highly detailed ground textures being one.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

20 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Drawbacks, some, but countered with many positives - much more highly detailed ground textures being one.

This is often not true. In many parts of the (especially non-Western) world, Google's textures are less detailed than default.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

5 hours ago, Farlis said:

No Photogrammetry, no colour corrected aerials.

PG works perfectly for me with this app. Usually I choose the new Bing maps but yesterday I flew in Italy with the Google ones and PG over Rome was perfect.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

7 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

PG works perfectly for me with this app. Usually I choose the new Bing maps but yesterday I flew in Italy with the Google ones and PG over Rome was perfect.

The reason for that is, that the Rome PG comes with a WorldUpdate.

But any region that has PG in Google Maps but not in Bing for example will not show up in the sim. So if you are looking to fly over Google's extended coverage of more PG areas that don't exist in the sim yet, this will not work.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, scotchegg said:

This is often not true. In many parts of the (especially non-Western) world, Google's textures are less detailed than default.

There are many areas where Google textures are much higher resolution, and those are the positives I am describing.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 11/18/2023 at 1:03 AM, MrBitstFlyer said:

There are many areas where Google textures are much higher resolution, and those are the positives I am describing.

You original comment suggested that textures are better across the board.

Edited by scotchegg

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

7 hours ago, scotchegg said:

You original comment suggested that textures are better across the board.

Clearly not.  There isn't one map supplier, including MSFS itself that is perfect across the world.  The Map enhancment tool allows many differenty map types (including more up to date Bing)  that are excellent in many areas, so is a good option - especially when MSFS servers are down.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:36 AM, Bobsk8 said:

Google Maps working fine. 

Not working for me

4 minutes ago, knich said:

Not working for me

If you like Green roads, Bing maps are OK. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG DC6 ,PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche,   Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak